Steam Client Update Has Improvements For ZFS, Streaming, Controllers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yzsolt View Post
    If it doesn't affect you, why do you even bother with replying?
    I didn't state that I'm not affected, I stated that it's not a major issue in general, and on linux it is even less.

At least try to be funny or something... Oh, and get yourself a HiDPI monitor, maybe you'll fall in love with the butter-smooth view too and feel some empathy for me
    When I buy a 4k for my PC screen it will be a 50 inch or so (waiting them to lower prices a bit). That way it will have the same ppi (pixel per square inch) of a normal HD display, and thus it will have 0 scaling issues, applications will be readable at the same identical scale of a normal HD screen but there will be 4x the actual space for them.

4k on a smaller monitor makes no sense quality-wise imho, my face is at around 40 cm from the monitor anyway due to basic ergonomics, so I don't see the pixels.

What I need is MOAR usable screen space, not to strain my eyes, nor to increase UI sizes and waste a 4k screen for rendering text with 4-pixel-with-lines instead of 1-pixel-with-lines (occupying the same screen surface as before even if the resolution is far better, so why the hell I bought such high-res screen anyway?).

/endthread

Comment

vbullettin is harassing me. Unapproved post for yzsolt

Comment

Originally posted by yzsolt View Post

And considering that there are much more 4K users amongst Steam users than regular users, yes, this is a joke.
        I'm not sure what this means. Are you stating that the majority of Steam users use 4K displays? Because I'm not sure that's correct.

If you're stating that there is a higher usage rate of 4k monitors among Steam users than in the regular population, that may be true, but I'd like to see a source for that datum.

Comment

jsa1983 Passso
          I know that this is an old thread, but I want to mention that with the latest Steam (stable channel) update streaming from Linux to Steam Links works fine!

Comment

Also streaming Windows games to Linux works fine now (wasn't working at least for me). Didn't check what was the update that enabled this.

Comment

Working...
            X