With Wine Git, You Can Run The D3D11 Blizzard Overwatch Game On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sabun View Post

What version of WINE? Do you need to do anything special? I'd like to test run it, since I own Hitman Absolution.
    • Wine version 2.0-rc1 (2.0-r2 also works) built from git
    • In winecfg I chose "Windows Vista" as Windows version
    • I'm using Steam version of Hitman
    • In startup options of the game I manually chose all of the minimum visual settings
    • I have nvidia gtx 750Ti using binary driver

Comment

Originally posted by icehand View Post
      • Wine version 2.0-rc1 (2.0-r2 also works) built from git
      • In winecfg I chose "Windows Vista" as Windows version
      • I'm using Steam version of Hitman
      • In startup options of the game I manually chose all of the minimum visual settings
      • I have nvidia gtx 750Ti using binary driver
      Thanks for getting back to me icehand. I tried it in a 32bit Wine prefix on Vista, and it crashes as soon as I get past the first intro movies.

Are you on a 64bit Wine prefix? I'm re-downloading it again and trying it on 64bit Wine this time to see if I get anything different.

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me icehand. I tried it in a 32bit Wine prefix on Vista, and it crashes as soon as I get past the first intro movies.

Are you on a 64bit Wine prefix? I'm re-downloading it again and trying it on 64bit Wine this time to see if I get anything different.
        It is just a clean 32bit prefix. No winetricks.

Comment

It is just a clean 32bit prefix. No winetricks.
          Unfortunately it looks like it does not work the same for me. I've tried both Wine 2.0-rc1 and the staging version, both 32bit and 64bit, set it to Vista, manually turned down/off all settings as I could, and I'm using the Steam version of Hitman Absolution as well.

I'm on Nvidia driver 375.26, what driver are you on? It crashes right after the Nixxes intro video, with a DirectX error, and states the gpu does not have enough memory (shows 0 MB for Vram and 4GB for RAM which is incorrect. I have 8GB of VRAM and 16GB of DDR3 RAM).

It's also a clean wine prefix. Doesn't have anything before it, and no winetricks.

I wonder what's different between our setups.

Comment

Unfortunately it looks like it does not work the same for me. I've tried both Wine 2.0-rc1 and the staging version, both 32bit and 64bit, set it to Vista, manually turned down/off all settings as I could, and I'm using the Steam version of Hitman Absolution as well.

I'm on Nvidia driver 375.26, what driver are you on? It crashes right after the Nixxes intro video, with a DirectX error, and states the gpu does not have enough memory (shows 0 MB for Vram and 4GB for RAM which is incorrect. I have 8GB of VRAM and 16GB of DDR3 RAM).

It's also a clean wine prefix. Doesn't have anything before it, and no winetricks.

I wonder what's different between our setups.
            Hmm, I have the same version of nvidia driver on archlinux. Maybe autodetection of VRAM is failing with your gpu. You should try to add these 2 options into registry:
            • VideoMemorySize
            • MaxVersionGL

(according to https://wiki.winehq.org/Useful_Registry_Keys)

Comment

Hmm, I have the same version of nvidia driver on archlinux. Maybe autodetection of VRAM is failing with your gpu. You should try to add these 2 options into registry:
              • VideoMemorySize
              • MaxVersionGL

(according to https://wiki.winehq.org/Useful_Registry_Keys)
              I've set my VideoMemorySize to 8192 and also 4096, but it still does not work. I set MaxVersionGL to 0040005 (dword hexadecimal) to set it to OpenGL 4.5. Still crashes after Nixxes video with "Fatal DirectX Error". Error code: E_NOTIMPL no idea what that means. Still thinks my VRAM is 0 MiB and system memory is 0 MiB.

Even on Wine Staging 2.0-RC2. Guess it still doesn't really work, except for a few miracle edge cases like yours.

Comment

I've set my VideoMemorySize to 8192 and also 4096, but it still does not work. I set MaxVersionGL to 0040005 (dword hexadecimal) to set it to OpenGL 4.5. Still crashes after Nixxes video with "Fatal DirectX Error". Error code: E_NOTIMPL no idea what that means. Still thinks my VRAM is 0 MiB and system memory is 0 MiB.

Even on Wine Staging 2.0-RC2. Guess it still doesn't really work, except for a few miracle edge cases like yours.
                Could you please try to install packages: d3dx10, d3dx11_43, d3d11_43 with winetricks?

Comment

Working...
                X