Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LibRetro's Vulkan PlayStation PSX Renderer Released

Phoronix: LibRetro's Vulkan PlayStation PSX Renderer Released

A few days back I wrote about a Vulkan renderer for a PlayStation emulator being worked on and now the code to that Vulkan renderer is publicly available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Very nice I also like how smoothing of bitmaps is done. Elevates PS emulation to a higher level.

Comment

Thought I'd give this a try. The abendbrot overlay for Gentoo makes this a breeze. I'd love to have this stuff in the tree but there are a lot of packages involved. I used version 9999 of Beetle-PSX and RetroArch. Had to make a tweak to RetroArch to get it to build. I'd never seen it before, it's really pretty. It does a wonderful job of playing Chrono Cross with software rendering. Unfortunately switching to Vulkan under RADV crashes out with this. Haven't figured out why yet.

Code:
      : CommandLine Error: Option 'asan-kernel' registered more than once!
      LLVM ERROR: inconsistency in registered CommandLine options

Comment

Works pretty well here on Intel Haswell Hardware

Comment

Originally posted by Chewi View Post
          Thought I'd give this a try. The abendbrot overlay for Gentoo makes this a breeze. I'd love to have this stuff in the tree but there are a lot of packages involved. I used version 9999 of Beetle-PSX and RetroArch. Had to make a tweak to RetroArch to get it to build. I'd never seen it before, it's really pretty. It does a wonderful job of playing Chrono Cross with software rendering. Unfortunately switching to Vulkan under RADV crashes out with this. Haven't figured out why yet.

Code:
          Have a look at this:

It's a problem between the vulkan loader, radv and LLVM. The easiest way to work it around is to remove libLLVMX86AsmPrinter.so from linked libraries.

You may try the following patch I created (hope it still applies).

Code:
          Subject: [PATCH] configure: Strip llvm x86 asm dependencies.

They are picked automatically by the provided llvm-config flags, but are
          not needed.

Fixes loading radv through a vulkan loader.
          ---
          configure.ac | 9 ++++++++-
          1 file changed, 8 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/configure.ac b/configure.ac
          index b414edd30f..e6dcc58db2 100644
          --- a/configure.ac
          +++ b/configure.ac
          @@ -2557,6 +2557,13 @@ if test "x$HAVE_RADEON_VULKAN" = "xyes"; then
              radeon_llvm_check "radv" "3" "9" "0"
          fi

+strip_unwanted_llvm_libs() {
          +    # Use \> (marks the end of the word)
          +    echo `$1` | sed \
          +       -e 's/-lLLVMX86AsmPrinter\>//g' \
          +       -e 's/-lLLVMX86AsmParser\>//g'
          +}
          +
          dnl Set LLVM_LIBS - This is done after the driver configuration so
          dnl that drivers can add additional components to LLVM_COMPONENTS.
          dnl Previously, gallium drivers were updating LLVM_LIBS directly
          @@ -2569,7 +2576,7 @@ if test "x$MESA_LLVM" != x0; then
              if ! $LLVM_CONFIG --libs ${LLVM_COMPONENTS} >/dev/null; then
                 AC_MSG_ERROR([Calling ${LLVM_CONFIG} failed])
              fi
          -    LLVM_LIBS="`$LLVM_CONFIG --libs ${LLVM_COMPONENTS}`"
          +    LLVM_LIBS=`strip_unwanted_llvm_libs "$LLVM_CONFIG --libs ${LLVM_COMPONENTS}"`

dnl llvm-config may not give the right answer when llvm is a built as a
              dnl single shared library, so we must work the library name out for
          --  
          2.11.0.rc2

Comment

(this post might be visible more quickly than my previous one due to moderation...)

Originally posted by Chewi View Post

Code:
            Patch on a mesa-dev ML:

Comment

"supports internal upscaling" does this mean we can use higher resolutions and actually get improved graphics?

Comment

Working...
              X