X-Plane 11 Beta Now Available, Demo Too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LasseKongo View Post

Good to know, it is always great to see all the different people in the Linux community coming up with fixes to problems like this, it hasn´t been many hours since it was released, and there is already good progress getting it running on the open-source drivers.
    Still I think my 280X might be to slow for this, luckily a 480 is on it´s way which should improve performance a bit.
    X-Plane depends more on the processor than on the GPU. If you disable reflections you'll get the same performance as on v10.

Bellow are two pictures I took on the 737 on Windows 10, with my 270X and FX-6300:

As you can see in the other pictures bellow, I was getting 19-22 FPS on the c172. I think it has more detailed reflections than the 737, and it also has the G1000 onboard which for X-plane 11 makes the FPS drop a LOT:

Look how good the reflections are! https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...82&oe=583F3133
    They consume a lot of power, though.

Comment

Two unapproved in a row. Nice.

Comment

If you had TrackIR running with the plugin in XP10 you'll be glad to know that it works well in XP11, just copy the files over for xlinuxtrack and pilotview and setup binds.

Comment

Originally posted by Amarildo View Post

From the talks in the forums, it will likely not be on Steam for a while. Some veteran users reported it may never be on Steam.
          Why not? I already have XPlane10 from Steam along with the updates and even some addons, why would XPlane11 be any different?

Comment

My Tupolev TU154-M engines are broken on XP11

Comment

Originally posted by Zoll View Post

Why not? I already have XPlane10 from Steam along with the updates and even some addons, why would XPlane11 be any different?
              I too have XP10 on Steam. However, note that, if they sell it on Steam, not only will Aerosoft take a piece of the take, but Steam too (I think Steam takes 30% of the sales). So to me it makes more sense for Laminar to sell through their means only ATM, which means they'll take all the money for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by RavFX View Post
                Contact the developer so that he/she updates the aircraft for v11.

Comment

Originally posted by RavFX View Post
                  It seems that all Aircraft made for Xplane 9 and earlier no longer work.

Comment

Tests results at min 3:38

Last edited by philips; 13 December 2016, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X