Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total War: WARHAMMER Released For Linux

Phoronix: Total War: WARHAMMER Released For Linux

Right on schedule, Feral Interactive has released Total War: WARHAMMER for Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

With mesa git form today (Compiling Optimized Shader Variants Asynchronously) it works even faster than windows

Comment

Originally posted by Pontostroy View Post
      With mesa git form today (Compiling Optimized Shader Variants Asynchronously) it works even faster than windows
      http://www.gearsongallium.com/?p=3535
      Well, that's certainly not something you see every day!

Comment

Wow... I love this...firstly since this is done by hd7970, my fury should run great, secondly, first time I see linux benchmarked better than windows on amd...and it is on mesa!!

Good times!

Comment

Very nice... nice to see another big game arriving for Linux. But where is 'Depth Charge' now and what about 'Spacious Skies'? I can't count the weeks that I've been waiting to find this out

Comment

That is awesome, so there is still hope for gaming on Linux^^

Comment

Originally posted by dEnigma View Post

That is awesome, so there is still hope for gaming on Linux^^
              If only a very famous AAA title would be released any time soon and have a much better performance that might be good adverstisement to change to linux. I feel like the linux foundation should team up with Valve to advertise Linux (as a gaming platform).

Comment

Originally posted by cRaZy-bisCuiT View Post
                If only a very famous AAA title would be released any time soon and have a much better performance that might be good adverstisement to change to linux. I feel like the linux foundation should team up with Valve to advertise Linux (as a gaming platform).
                The Linux Foundation is NOT the right answer for this problem, at least for now. The problem is they need a stable product before they can advertise it. I'm hopeful that in a few years, all drivers will run Wayland great and Vulkan will be smooth as butter. When that happens a developer can create a Vulkan game and run it on Linux with minimal porting work. Maybe we'll get snaps working or some other flatpack solution.

Right now we have frankly a mess. Steam is half targeting Ubuntu and half targeting Debian and that's already more work than they really want to do. When a game comes out, the Fedora folks, and the Arch folks, etc come out of the woodworks because there's something funky. On top of all of these, people STILL want better performance than Windows.

Comment

Working...
                X