Feral Releasing Total War: WARHAMMER For Linux Next Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by faldzip View Post
    So why do you care about this game port at all? There is 99% chance it is going to be supported only for Nvidia blob users and on anything else the bad performance or faulty rendering makes it unplayable on the hardware worse than enthusiast-level. So I see that it makes not much difference for you if it is OpenGL or Vulkan port.
    Look at it this way. Everyone knows it will run like crap, no matter what, and at best there is just a niche market for the whole thing.
    And *still* they bother to do it! Sweet, ain't it?

Comment

And now all the screaming babies can go back to being quiet again. Feral streamed the game a little earlier. From an AMD machine using Mesa 13.1.

Comment

Originally posted by pmorph View Post

Look at it this way. Everyone knows it will run like crap, no matter what, and at best there is just a niche market for the whole thing.
        And *still* they bother to do it! Sweet, ain't it?
        No. You can say the same thing about all the PC games as this is niche market compared to consoles but it does not mean that we have to lick developers asses because they've released yet another CoD made with the 10 years old engine that looks like crap and requires high-end PC to run decently or the new released Dishonored 2 with middle ages graphics and drops to 20fps on GTX 1070 even on low settings. But they still bother to do it! That's really sweet! Yeah, let's eat that crap with all the joy and happiness!

The equation is simple - you buy crap, they do more crap.

Comment

How quickly expectation change. A few years ago it was "why won't they release for Linux?", now it is "why won't they release for Linux, on a brands new graphics API? ... right now ...!"

Comment

The equation is simple - you buy crap, they do more crap.
            Well, I buy what is available. There's no way in hell I'll purchase/install/maintain a Windows system just to play games.

Comment

Originally posted by deppman View Post
              NVidia is *not* the most Linux hostile vendor.
              linus torvalds thinks they are. but surely he is wrong because you know better
              Their drivers are far better and more complete than any other vendor.
              their windows drivers do not work on linux. just one of examples https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVpOyKCNZYw
              Without their excellent support I (any probably many others) would have never adopted Linux as my only PC OS along with Android and a Chromebook.
              who cares about windows driver users? there is whole blob os just for you
              Adobe, Apple, and Microsoft are very Linux hostile vendors.
              adobe is not hardware vendor. apple and microsoft are linux competitors
              They are trying to keep the genie in the bottle by not releasing their software on Linux at all in any form.
              actually microsoft released much more software for linux than nvidia. both kernel and userspace. apple also released much more linux software than nvidia. are you nvidia marketing slave?
              My Titan XP came with excellent first day support for Linux. As did my GTX 980 Ti, GTX 970, GTX 660, GTX 650Ti, and GTX 9800.
              try with wayland, imbecile
              This is posted from my Pixel C running the NV Tegra X1 and the OSS OGL stack. Try that from any AMD powered tablet
              oss ogl stack is not written by nvidia. oss ogl stack for nvidia hardware is in far worse state than same stack for amd hardware and this is said openly by nouveau devs. so now it is obvious that you have severe case of stockholm syndrome. i have no amd powered tablet, but this is posted from amd powered desktop

Comment

There is 99% chance it is going to be supported only for Nvidia blob users and on anything else the bad performance or faulty rendering makes it unplayable on the hardware worse than enthusiast-level.
                i agree that chances for that are high on release day. but in several months it shoud improve. and vulkan drivers should shape up btw.

Comment

Here's a nickle kid. Go buy yourself a real intellect.

Your incoherent rambling response would be torn to shreds in a court of law or by a formal debate team. Let's examine all the fallacies:

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                  linus torvalds thinks they are. but surely he is wrong because you know better
                  Conjecture stated as fact. You have no idea what Linus' current assessment is. We know he said this 4 years ago, but then he also said that NV was doing great things with the TK1 chip 3 years ago. Keep cherry picking Lester.

their windows drivers do not work on linux. just one of examples https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVpOyKCNZYw
                  Red herring. The post discussed comparative Linux support.

who cares about windows driver users? there is whole blob os just for you
                  Slippery slope. That's like saying since I've seen your wife I might as well have sex with her.

adobe is not hardware vendor. apple and microsoft are linux competitors
                  Factually incorrect. All three ship software and therefore are software vendors by definition. Claiming two of them are "competitors" only bolster my assertion that there are far less Linux-friendly software vendors.

actually microsoft released much more software for linux than nvidia. both kernel and userspace. apple also released much more linux software than nvidia. are you nvidia marketing slave?
                  Conjecture stated as fact. Metrics please.

try with wayland, imbecile
                  Red herring. Ad homenim. ps: Blow me.

oss ogl stack is not written by nvidia. oss ogl stack for nvidia hardware is in far worse state than same stack for amd hardware and this is said openly by nouveau devs. so now it is obvious that you have severe case of stockholm syndrome. i have no amd powered tablet, but this is posted from amd powered desktop
                  Red herring, again. There are no AMD powered Android Linux tablets because they do not support development for anything but Windows, just like they have with their POS video drivers for the last 15 years.
                  Last edited by deppman; 23 March 2017, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X