Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football Manager 2017 Released For Linux

Phoronix: Football Manager 2017 Released For Linux

If you are a Linux gamer and our 13-way GPU comparison of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided made you realize your system isn't strong enough for this newest AAA Linux game title, perhaps you'll be interested in the just-released Football Manager 2017 with day-one Linux support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

One should support them for release-day Linux support and even considering Intel HD and AMD graphics, but throwing $50 at them just for the sake of it because I won't play the game (not interested)?!

Comment

I do not play it so... will not buy but this is great news for FM fans and Linux gaming!

Comment

I didn't want to buy an old version so I waited for this one. Having initial support is especially great for such games. As far as I can tell it seems to run well on my setup.

Comment

For me the upgrade was more than welcome.

With all previous FM, which had much worse 3D match graphics, the fps with the free drivers (AMD 7870 and RX 480 paired with an AMD FX 8150 and an AMD FX 8370) were at about 20 fps (fps were the same at high and at low graphics settings). Now with this new 3D engine, graphics are much much better (SI Games are probably now using OpenGL 3 and therefore using another codepath of the mesa driver) and fps get to stable 60 fps (capped as per my preference of settings) with all graphics settings maxed out without sweating a drop...

Not that graphics matter that much in a FM style of games but watching the game at low fps is not enjoyable.

Comment

I may check out the demo. I'm not a football fan but the odds of Eastside Hockey manager ever getting a Linux port is looking very slim so it could soothe that craving.

Comment

If someone manages to get more than 60 FPS let me know. I also enjoy the game with my RX 480 but I would like to see 144 FPS.

Comment

Working...
              X