No announcement yet.

X3 Reunion Still Actively In Development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like LGP's site is down, maybe they are fixing it?

Comment

Originally posted by xav1r View Post
      gosh, thats one picture i could live without.
      The only way that picture could be better is if we could GIMP him a forked tounge!

Why LGP is down is that now that someone's released the vunerabilities into the wild some crackpot came across it and brought down the server. Way to go...
      FYI, problems still aren't fixed, and it's back up as of my timestamp.
      Last edited by me262; 23 September 2008, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Sounds like a more serious problem then. Not the way to start a week :/

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
          Looks like LGP's site is down, maybe they are fixing it?
          I don't think they care much about their on-line presence. It's probably down due to some totally different issues..

Comment

Originally posted by krzta View Post
            I don't think they care much about their on-line presence. It's probably down due to some totally different issues..
            Do they have any other presence?

Comment

Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated in any way with LGP.

While LGP does have a number of deficiencies (Slow releases, long beta testing, tendency to go MIA from time to time) one should remember the following:
              A. Porting Windows games is -very- hard work. Especially games that were never designed with multi-platform in mind. (E.g. Direct3D)
              B. LGP is very small, and I doubt that making Linux games is very lucrative. Don't blame them for not producing the same results as a multiple-million dollar studio.
              C. LGP seems to be -very- responsive, when it comes to fixing bugs. I'd venture and guess that one of my bugs is to be "blamed" for the latest delay releasing X3. Other companies could have chosen to ignore the bug and try to solve it post release.
              D. As for X3:TC I'd venture and guess that LGP will start working on porting it the second X3/Linux starts generating profits. In short, if you want X3:TC/Linux, -buy- X3/Linux. (AKA "Voting with your wallet")

- Gilboa
              oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
              oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
              oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
              Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

I totally agree, even I would prefer that LGP should at least provide a reasonable release date.
                We all know the arguments that the Windows version was released years ago, are now cheap as hell and and and.
                But one should keep in mind, that the advantage of this port is (hopefully) getting a rock-solid high-performance version which the Windows users didn't had for a long time (and Mac users probably never). Furthermore you can save to setup windows system which must be eventually maintained and brings all the disadvantages which we know from an Windows OS.
                Linux is a very efficient system. With good 3D drivers - speak: nvidia - it could be the perfect platform for gaming. This is worth to support it.

Comment

Working...
                X