No announcement yet.

Deus Ex Linux Requirements Announced, Only NVIDIA GPUs Supported

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know what game I won't buy or recommend anyone else buy. Yep, this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Xen0sys View Post
      Says it has Vulkan on the wiki (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...Vulkan_support)

"Linux release date: November 3, 2016 - Vulkan support announced for first half of 2017 for Linux[6]"

Either way I won't be buying Feral games if they don't properly support AMD GPU's. For all anyone knows, Nvida is cutting closed door deals with Feral to specifically not support AMD GPU's - definitely something Nvidia would do.
      Whoever wrote that is wrong, they haven't confirmed any actual title.

Comment

Originally posted by Xen0sys View Post
        Either way I won't be buying Feral games if they don't properly support AMD GPU's. For all anyone knows, Nvida is cutting closed door deals with Feral to specifically not support AMD GPU's - definitely something Nvidia would do.
        Seriously? I think you overestimate the importance of Linux versions.

Reasons are much simpler. Modern games require complete and optimised OpenGL support. I'm sure they tested everything up to bleeding edge Mesa and I'm sure they'll mention how well it works at some point. But until all that stuff is available to the "general public", they can't claim support.

Comment

Originally posted by liamdawe View Post
          Whoever wrote that is wrong, they haven't confirmed any actual title.
          You quoted this in your article:
          We can confirm that Deus Ex: Mankind Divided on Linux is using OpenGL, and we're very happy to announce that we are looking towards Vulkan implementation in the first half of next year.
          Derived from the definition of what an implementation means the second half of the sentence clearly refers to the first half in my opinion and that's exactly how it sounded in the livestream.
          If it wasn't it would be really ambiguous. It's hard to imagine that you speak of implementing without thinking about a specific software. I guess they would have said something like: "We are looking forward for the first Vulkan implementations" to clearify that they suddenly changed their topic meaning the implementation they are talking about is meant for different, unspecified games.

Comment

Come on guys, please use your brain as well as doing some research. I'm on a mobile phone now so I will have to post the links later. About Nvidia only Feral Interactive stated:

1. Mesa has officially no 4.4 and 4.5 support ready and up and running. You would need to use an override to make games requiring those versions to run.
            2. There's no distribution yet (apart from Arch) serving OpenGL 12.1 or 13 by default. Especially not Ubuntu or SteamOS.

They also stated the requirements will be changed accordingly if Mesa + the targeted distributions fulfill the needed requirements.

Also please note that games like Grid: Autosport and Mad Max run perfectly wonderful for me on Arch + Kernel 4.8 + ​​​​​​​Mesa 13RC2.

Comment

This game was a crappy port to Windows and apparently and even crappier port to Linux.

Feral seems to be really hit or miss with their work. Though, I'm not entirely sure if their quality control and/or work ethic can be to blame for this game.

Comment

+ rx 480.

Comment

Feral might at least say, opensource "i compile/fix my drivers"tm git users - supported

Comment

Come on, there will be people coming to complain game xyz is not running. Those people won't have any idea what Mesa is and how to upgrade it.

They already mentioned Intel and AMD are running with the latest Mesa most likely. They also provide FAQ and workarounds for the games to run on the Steam Support Forums. So could you guys and girls please stop whining?

BTW just to avoid anyone claiming it: I'm not paid by either Feral or Nvidia. I just hate whining for no reason.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                      Feral might at least say, opensource "i compile/fix my drivers"tm git users - supported
                      They will most certainly not support such configurations in any way. Doesn't mean it couldn't work, but Feral will not accept tickets for those setups.

Comment

Working...
                      X