No announcement yet.

Deus Ex Linux Requirements Announced, Only NVIDIA GPUs Supported

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And what? If I fire up game on AMD GPU then game turns into a pumpkin?

Comment

2016 and you cant enjoy gaming on Linux with AMD. Lets wait 10-15 years for the drivers to get mature and feature complete.

Comment

Originally posted by xeekei View Post
        I would like to see Feral to release a blogpost, or some other statement explaining what is wrong with AMD's driver. With details I mean. Throw in Intel and Mesa as well.
        They probably just don't have the dev resources to test on AMD.

Comment

Originally posted by stalkerg View Post
          And what? If I fire up game on AMD GPU then game turns into a pumpkin?
          Beautuful pimpkin Especially in comparison to Windows game version, where developers even enabled DX12 Multi-GPU on AMD hardware only

[UPDATE 24-10-2016] Today we are enabling Multi-GPU support for DirectX 12 for AMD Radeon™ hardware only. We are working directly with NVIDIA to finalize Multi GPU support for GeForce® users. Until then players on NVIDIA hardware that want to try the Multi-GPU Preview on DirectX 12 can switch to the dx12_mgpu_preview beta branch in Steam to enable it.

It will run probably, but likely Nowhere Nowhere Nowheretm near like a Windows version

Comment

Basically this mean expect shit on launch day, which drivers will probably fix afterwards hoppefully with 60% alcohol

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post

I recall seeing them post about buying a bunch of AMD GPUs for testing a while back. Or maybe that was Aspyr? I get them mixed up sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post

Or they respect their product

Comment

Says it has Vulkan on the wiki:
                  Deus Ex: Mankind Divided August 23, 2016 Eidos Montreal, Feral Interactive(Linux, OS X) Square Enix, Feral Interactive(Linux, OS X) Microsoft Windows Action role-playing game, Shooter game Linux release date: November 3, 2016 - Vulkan support announced for first half of 2017 for Linux[6]
                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...Vulkan_support

Edit: This post was unapproved and didn't show up hence the subsequent double post - guessing issues with the table/links
                  Last edited by Xen0sys; 03 November 2016, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pepec9124 View Post
                    Will it also compile shaders at runtime for extra "performance boost" like most lazy AAA Linux ports ?
                    By "performance boost" I mean extra stutter for cinematic expirience.

No port is better than lazy port. I hope it's good though.
                    You realize engines can program their own shader cache right?

Comment

Says it has Vulkan on the wiki (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...Vulkan_support)

"Linux release date: November 3, 2016 - Vulkan support announced for first half of 2017 for Linux[6]"

Either way I won't be buying Feral games if they don't properly support AMD GPU's. For all anyone knows, Nvida is cutting closed door deals with Feral to specifically not support AMD GPU's - definitely something Nvidia would do.
                      Last edited by Xen0sys; 02 November 2016, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X