• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prazola View Post
    This game is CPU and GPU bound
    if it is both, then it is not bound. bound can be only either cpu or gpu

Comment

He, he, Feral and their only nVidia GPUs supported stories

But it is more proper way to say - green blob of version xyz run it for us somewhat acceptably, otherwise luck is on your own

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
        Might be Wine or some other compatibility layer derived..... too explain the high hardware requirements.
        Note that Windows requirements are almost the same (970 needed...)
        Tthis game may cost 60$ but needs a 800$ machine to run... while I generally support Feral and others native games it will be without me for this one, I will not upgrade just for this 1 game.

Comment

Originally posted by Kushan View Post
          I'm not convinced BO3 is actually using that VRAM, rather is just allocating it.
          I have definitely seen few textures being replaced by trashier ones every there were short FPS drops and I have monitored the VRAM usage that hit about 7-8 GiB before dropping above 7 again to create some space when the texture/Supersampling/AA- settings were too high. I had diagraphs in MSI Afterburner where the FPS- drops have been logged that happened at the same time the VRAM monitor reduced the VRAM usage. There is no doubt that all of this space was in use.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
            if it is both, then it is not bound. bound can be only either cpu or gpu
            Thing can be also memory bound, API bound, etc...

But i agree, only one thing is bound first and that is what counts

Comment

I would like to see Feral to release a blogpost, or some other statement explaining what is wrong with AMD's driver. With details I mean. Throw in Intel and Mesa as well.

Comment

Originally posted by xeekei View Post
                I would like to see Feral to release a blogpost, or some other statement explaining what is wrong with AMD's driver. With details I mean. Throw in Intel and Mesa as well.
                Sucky OpenGL performance as always, one would think.

Comment

Michael, please test with AMD/MESA.
                  I will also buy this tomorrow and hope my rx480 and MESA 12.0.3 can handle the game.

Comment

Originally posted by mibo View Post
                    Michael, please test with AMD/MESA.
                    I will also buy this tomorrow and hope my rx480 and MESA 12.0.3 can handle the game.
                    Of course, assuming that the Deus Ex Linux port even has the built-in benchmark mode ported...
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Will it also compile shaders at runtime for extra "performance boost" like most lazy AAA Linux ports ?
                      By "performance boost" I mean extra stutter for cinematic expirience.

No port is better than lazy port. I hope it's good though.

Comment

Working...
                      X