X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oooverclocker
    replied
    Originally posted by liamdawe View Post
    Whoever wrote that is wrong, they haven't confirmed any actual title.
    You quoted this in your article:
    We can confirm that Deus Ex: Mankind Divided on Linux is using OpenGL, and we're very happy to announce that we are looking towards Vulkan implementation in the first half of next year.
    Derived from the definition of what an implementation means the second half of the sentence clearly refers to the first half in my opinion and that's exactly how it sounded in the livestream.
    If it wasn't it would be really ambiguous. It's hard to imagine that you speak of implementing without thinking about a specific software. I guess they would have said something like: "We are looking forward for the first Vulkan implementations" to clearify that they suddenly changed their topic meaning the implementation they are talking about is meant for different, unspecified games.

Leave a comment:

• Ehvis
    replied
    Originally posted by Xen0sys View Post
    Either way I won't be buying Feral games if they don't properly support AMD GPU's. For all anyone knows, Nvida is cutting closed door deals with Feral to specifically not support AMD GPU's - definitely something Nvidia would do.
    Seriously? I think you overestimate the importance of Linux versions.

Reasons are much simpler. Modern games require complete and optimised OpenGL support. I'm sure they tested everything up to bleeding edge Mesa and I'm sure they'll mention how well it works at some point. But until all that stuff is available to the "general public", they can't claim support.

Leave a comment:

• liamdawe
    replied
    Originally posted by Xen0sys View Post
    Says it has Vulkan on the wiki (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...Vulkan_support)

"Linux release date: November 3, 2016 - Vulkan support announced for first half of 2017 for Linux[6]"

Either way I won't be buying Feral games if they don't properly support AMD GPU's. For all anyone knows, Nvida is cutting closed door deals with Feral to specifically not support AMD GPU's - definitely something Nvidia would do.
    Whoever wrote that is wrong, they haven't confirmed any actual title.

Leave a comment:

• Holograph
    replied
    I know what game I won't buy or recommend anyone else buy. Yep, this game.

Leave a comment:

• Xen0sys
    replied
    Says it has Vulkan on the wiki (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...Vulkan_support)

"Linux release date: November 3, 2016 - Vulkan support announced for first half of 2017 for Linux[6]"

Last edited by Xen0sys; 02 November 2016, 10:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• cj.wijtmans
    replied
    Originally posted by Pepec9124 View Post
    Will it also compile shaders at runtime for extra "performance boost" like most lazy AAA Linux ports ?
    By "performance boost" I mean extra stutter for cinematic expirience.

No port is better than lazy port. I hope it's good though.
    You realize engines can program their own shader cache right?

Leave a comment:

• Xen0sys
    replied
    Says it has Vulkan on the wiki:
    Deus Ex: Mankind Divided August 23, 2016 Eidos Montreal, Feral Interactive(Linux, OS X) Square Enix, Feral Interactive(Linux, OS X) Microsoft Windows Action role-playing game, Shooter game Linux release date: November 3, 2016 - Vulkan support announced for first half of 2017 for Linux[6]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...Vulkan_support

Edit: This post was unapproved and didn't show up hence the subsequent double post - guessing issues with the table/links
    Last edited by Xen0sys; 03 November 2016, 09:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• verde
    replied
    Originally posted by johnc View Post

They probably just don't have the dev resources to test on AMD.
    Or they respect their product

Leave a comment:

• xeekei
    replied
    Originally posted by johnc View Post

They probably just don't have the dev resources to test on AMD.
    I recall seeing them post about buying a bunch of AMD GPUs for testing a while back. Or maybe that was Aspyr? I get them mixed up sometimes.

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Basically this mean expect shit on launch day, which drivers will probably fix afterwards hoppefully with 60% alcohol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X