No announcement yet.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Shipping For Linux In Two Weeks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn... That was fast. Feral has earned it's name indeed.
    Originally posted by oooverclocker View Post
    Oh Lord, please let Spacious Skies be Skyrim...
    Don't we all wish? But I just wouldn't be able to believe that Zenimax or Bethesda softworks would do that (I mean look at how they handle DOOM, iD Tech devs could port it over to Linux so fast it'd be like the press of a button, they'd probably do it anyways if they weren't forbidden to do it... That's these guy's attitude towards Linux, Skyrim coming to Linux sounds like "never happening".)

But the drum does make you think https://radiothax.files.wordpress.co...0-02-36-19.jpg doesn't it?

But I've got no hope man, it's probably just some space game I've never even heard about (Would be nice if it were Endless Space tho).

Comment

Also (just cus editing comments is impossibru now), Skyrim wouldn't make spacious skies, But sky's edge or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
        Skyrim coming to Linux sounds like "never happening".).
        Why should it came when both Elders Scroll and Oblivion runs fine with wine-staging even with low end hardware. Also TR2013 is useless port, it runs fine with wine-staging tooo.

Comment

I have a feeling that it's more probably than not No Man's Sky. That game uses OpenGL on Windows, which should make the porting job easier.
          "Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without wanting to invent any more of it."

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
            But the drum does make you think https://radiothax.files.wordpress.co...0-02-36-19.jpg doesn't it?
            Well, yeah it looks like it could fit. I mean the hints have often been pretty vague so I just like to hope until I'm proven wrong, although No Man's Sky looks to be more likely . Most of these games are interesting but not exactly the ones I miss the most on Linux. If we could have a big magnet title like Skyrim or GTA it would also help Linux as a whole to increase the growth of the market share that has happened in the last few months.

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
            Why should it came when both Elders Scroll and Oblivion runs fine with wine-staging even with low end hardware. Also TR2013 is useless port, it runs fine with wine-staging tooo.
            Check this out: https://openmw.org/en/

Well I don't think that any port is useless. I have used Wine for several games and I never liked it. It feels like abusing my OS and everything I tried had still annoying bugs like missing buttons, laggy cursors etc. I really appreciate the work of the Wine devs and without their effort many people would have suck with Windows.
            But Wine is only a compromise - I haven't used it in the last 3 years and it doesn't look like I will ever use it again. I would rather use dualboot or a VM. I think it's more a thing that you like to get rid of as soon as possible.

Comment

Yeah, i like that. I like this "poor" ports more than wine because of my shitty pad. tbh tomb raider 2013 works better (faster) in wine but this is not make this port useless.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Because we want Linux versions so that Linux becomes a real gaming platform.
                Because using Wine does not show that we play on Linux.
                Because we want developpers to care about Linux.
                Because we want that games on Linux earn money.

To sum-up : because we want more games, and if we use Wine things will never change and we will run after Wine support like we are doing since decades.

Comment

Working...
                X