Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mad Max Appears To Work Fine With RadeonSI Gallium3D

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mad Max Appears To Work Fine With RadeonSI Gallium3D

    Phoronix: Mad Max Appears To Work Fine With RadeonSI Gallium3D

    This morning's release of the Mad Max game for Linux lists only NVIDIA graphics as supported, but it does turn out at least for newer AMD GPUs using the RadeonSI Gallium3D driver things should work -- well, assuming you are using the latest open-source driver code...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...Plays-RadeonSI

  • #2
    With a Radeon RX 480 on RadeonSI, the game was smooth at 1080p. There were times though when the game slowed down a lot, likely due to shader recompilation, etc.
    This seems to be a common theme with the driver. I hope it gets worked out soon. Had a bad moment in Tomb Raider last night where I was sliding down a slope to my death and needed to jump at precisely the right moment. The game slowed to a crawl for at least 5 seconds just before that moment but luckily I still managed to time it right.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      Phoronix: Mad Max Appears To Work Fine With RadeonSI Gallium3D

      ... a pity having another game shipping in 2016 that lacks integrated benchmark capabilities.
      FPS of the menu screen is a fairly good representation of in-game FPS.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by atomsymbol View Post

        FPS of the menu screen is a fairly good representation of in-game FPS.
        Yeah but if it's not CLI scriptable it doesn't really matter for most kinds of testing.

        Comment


        • #5
          Quick question to anyone who's played this on Linux: The game recommends a pad and I know it supports the Steam controller, but does it support the XB1 pad? I have XB1 and 360 pads, but I much prefer the XB1 pad.
          "Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without wanting to invent any more of it."

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by L_A_G View Post
            Quick question to anyone who's played this on Linux: The game recommends a pad and I know it supports the Steam controller, but does it support the XB1 pad? I have XB1 and 360 pads, but I much prefer the XB1 pad.
            I am using an Xbox360-compatible pad. I don't know about XB1 pad.

            Comment


            • #7
              The graphics for the game look rather nice, just a pity having another game shipping in 2016 that lacks integrated benchmark capabilities.
              At least people can watch videos in these cases, like for example Pontostroy's Win/Lin comparison. I would say perf is about 60%ish on average... so in line with other Feral's ports

              Comment


              • #8
                For me and my Radeon RX470 8GB, the performance is bad. My kernel version is from amd-staging-4.6 branch and I use Oibaf repository for Mesa drivers

                Comment


                • #9
                  These GPU warnings should be omitted. Imagine 10 years from now, when the game is unsupported and no one will be using GPUs it recognizes. Everyone will be constantly nagged. All this for what? Avoiding some stupid lawsuits?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by eydee View Post
                    These GPU warnings should be omitted. Imagine 10 years from now, when the game is unsupported and no one will be using GPUs it recognizes. Everyone will be constantly nagged. All this for what? Avoiding some stupid lawsuits?
                    Who cares about that really... does anybody remember Cedega nowdays, it was popular 10 years ago

                    To me that is the same situation, as once wine supports higher DX everybody will forget about these "native" indirectx ports

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X