Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unigine Shows Off More Of Their Superposition Benchmark

Phoronix: Unigine Shows Off More Of Their Superposition Benchmark

The developers at Unigine Corp are making public some screenshots and a brief video from their upcoming Superposition Benchmark that's powered by Unigine Engine 2...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...position-Steam

So what are hardware rewirements to run those Nikola Tesla, Albert Einstein, etc... pictures?

Comment

A company like Unigine shouldn't go through Greenlight and compete with 500000 random indie games. Hopefully at least it gets some priority in visibility.

Comment

The scene looks awfully static. It isn't so hard today to get the lighting correct if nothing is moving inside the scene. I was hoping for a little more innovation from this benchmark. Currently, it is vastly inferior to any of the previous benchmarks. Eager to see the final result, should that be different in this regard.

Comment

I remember reading somewhere on Phoronix's forums that the Unigine 1 shaders are not standard compliant, or one should configure some file for mesa not complain about it's shader.

Being this benchmark a Unigine 2 benchmark, this issue has been fixed?

Comment

Originally posted by Meteorhead View Post
            The scene looks awfully static. It isn't so hard today to get the lighting correct if nothing is moving inside the scene. I was hoping for a little more innovation from this benchmark. Currently, it is vastly inferior to any of the previous benchmarks. Eager to see the final result, should that be different in this regard.
            Their Sanctuary benchmark also featured a static room, but there was some dynamic lightning available and the benchmark was on the lighting (candles, and some moving sparkles). It will probably the case for this one: perhaps the environment comes from day to night, lighting bad old lights etc. We'll see.

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post
            I remember reading somewhere on Phoronix's forums that the Unigine 1 shaders are not standard compliant, or one should configure some file for mesa not complain about it's shader. Being this benchmark a Unigine 2 benchmark, this issue has been fixed?
            Sanctuary and Tropics shaders are broken on Mesa, but Heaven and Valley not. So I guess this was already fixed long time ago (I mean years ago).

Comment

Originally posted by Meteorhead View Post
              From video comment:
              Not all of the features were shown in this teaser. The lightning is fully dynamic with no lightmaps, the environment is dynamic as well - you can interact with objects in free mode.

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post
                I remember reading somewhere on Phoronix's forums that the Unigine 1 shaders are not standard compliant, or one should configure some file for mesa not complain about it's shader.

Being this benchmark a Unigine 2 benchmark, this issue has been fixed?
                Someone from unigine replied that it was fixed in unigine 2 and that the old heaven,valley,etc. benchmarks would probably not be updated anymore.

Comment

I crossed my fingers that the benchmark would be some kind of valley 2 - with a spooky graveyard, houses and other cool stuff. The scene looks great, but very static as others have pointed out. A bit too plastic for my taste!....

Comment

Working...
                  X