Mad Max Coming To Linux, NVIDIA Graphics Supported

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ehvis View Post
    AMD may work now (or soon) if you have bleeding edge kernels and Mesa. See the Feral comment here.
    Was just about to quote that here, Feral are pretty active in gamingonlinux comments. Good to see developers being active in the community on a Linux site.

Comment

Originally posted by bibaheu View Post
      Did they remove Denuvo DRM? Or ported it to Linux? It will be interesting to see.
      Denuvo doesn't matter for Windows Mad Max - there is crack available, so this DRM is only problem for legal users like me (Doom and INSIDE - constant asking for reactivation after EVERY Windows driver update!).

Perhaps it is the reason why Linux version could be provided - Denuvo not working anymore, so they could prepare Mad Max "Denuvo free" for Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by chepati View Post
        but now I will be able to finish it on Linux!
        but not pay porters for port

Comment

Originally posted by atomsymbol
          This drawback of Mesa
          there is no drawback of mesa as evidenced by gallium nine sometimes winning over windows. there are drawbacks of games expecting drivers submitting commands to separate thread.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
            but not pay porters for port
            That is an interresting question I would ask to Valve: how can the Linux porter get retributed correctly.

Is the editor paying 1-shot to Feral for the work and get it back from sells?
            Is Feral earning for every game sold whatever the OS?
            Is Feral earning for every game installed on Linux?
            and so on...

Anyone knows?

Comment

Originally posted by Passso View Post

That is an interresting question I would ask to Valve: how can the Linux porter get retributed correctly.

Is the editor paying 1-shot to Feral for the work and get it back from sells?
              Is Feral earning for every game sold whatever the OS?
              Is Feral earning for every game installed on Linux?
              and so on...

Anyone knows?
              I don't know if they get a 1 shot....
              But they do get paid for each copy sold for linux. (A linux sale is counted if the game was mostly played on linux during the first week or two after the sale. If the game wasn't played at all, then the sale counts toward which operating system bought the game.)

Comment

Mesa OpenGL requires games to coalesce OpenGL commands into a small number of calls in order to achieve high FPS. Nvidia drivers are much better optimized in this respect.

This drawback of Mesa is causing some Linux game developers to describe games as-if they were designed to support just Nvidia GPUs.
                They can always support bind-less_textures and similar things. Or we can just convert some things on runtime with Mesa, just like Nvidia does. Zero driver overhead can easily be done with OGL.

Comment

Woah, they should work together with Avalanche to port Just Cause 2 and Just Cause 3 to Vulkan and then release it for Linux.

That would be amazing!

@ Feral: If you're reading this, please comment.

Comment

Mesa OpenGL requires games to coalesce OpenGL commands into a small number of calls in order to achieve high FPS. Nvidia drivers are much better optimized in this respect.

This drawback of Mesa is causing some Linux game developers to describe games as-if they were designed to support just Nvidia GPUs.
                    So you think the problem is that games use too many API calls? That's not designing for Nvidia GPUs at all.

Comment

Originally posted by efikkan View Post
                      Games doesn't have to, and should not, add support for specific hardware. Yet, every single major game ported to Linux needs tweaks to work with AMD's drivers.
                      and nvidia doesn't use game-specific profiles per game which can break running the game's renderer when the developers decide to include major changes to it? saints row 4 and saints row the third aren't good linux ports and crash very much on my gt 640. yet the same fairs in for people with amd cards not being able to hit over 30 fps regardless of settings ( tested this myself with r7 250 and hd 7660D)

Comment

Working...
                      X