Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II Rolls Out To Linux Gamers, Will Run Fine On Mesa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II Rolls Out To Linux Gamers, Will Run Fine On Mesa

Phoronix: Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II Rolls Out To Linux Gamers, Will Run Fine On Mesa

Seven years after Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II launched on Windows, the game is rolling out today to Linux along with Chaos Rising and Retribution...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I did a port report, benchmarks and video here btw if people are interested: https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articl...-thoughts.8205

Comment

So... No multiplayer?

Comment

It runs really amazing on Ubuntu 16.10 beta. I couldn't resist to test them together.

142 FPS max.
        72 AVG
        32 min.
        With my 290X@900MHz downclocked.

Comment

Feral seemed to do really well with this port.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickabouille View Post
            So... No multiplayer?
            Everything I'm reading says there is multiplayer, we're just not able to play with Windows. So, Linux <-> Linux and Linux <-> Mac are okay (so I read), but not Linux <-> Windows. Sounds like there's an issue with the multiplayer game engine and the slight calculation differences on multiple platforms.

Sounds like a good time to finally get my friend to try dual booting Linux!

Comment

Originally posted by SaucyJack View Post
              Feral seemed to do really well with this port.
              Practice makes perfect - lets hope they don't get sick of the bitching before then

Comment

So... No multiplayer?
                citation needed...

I can see DoW1 being ported without online. But DoW2?! That's pretty far-fetched considering online play is such a huge aspect of the game...

Comment

Originally posted by c117152 View Post

citation needed...

I can see DoW1 being ported without online. But DoW2?! That's pretty far-fetched considering online play is such a huge aspect of the game...
                  It's supported, just can't play with Windows players.
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Feral Interactive have ported another set of cracking good games. This time we have Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II, Chaos Rising and Retribution to fill our strategy needs!

Michael The game has a built-in benchmark mode
                    (probably not gonna matter much in phoronix benchmarks, but hey)

So... No multiplayer?
                    from above,
                    Linux vs Mac works fine for online play.

Which is a "yes" if your question was sarcastic.

Comment

Working...
                    X