No announcement yet.

There Are Around 2,000 Steam Linux Games Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

153 of my 416 games on Steam are available on linux. Granted, I have bought a lot of indie bundles which are more often available on multiple platforms. In my opinion, the state of gaming on linux is getting brighter and brigher. Only the Steam user platform statistics are a let down. I guess it's the story of the chicken and the egg. In any case, I will keep on hoping for a Witcher 3 release on linux!

Comment

47 out of 159 games on my list remain on Linux.

Comment

27 of 64 games in my library are available for Linux.
        Waiting for Ashes of the Singularity, I will buy it when it will have Linux (+Vulkan) support.
        It is a pity that Homeworld is not on Linux...

Comment

Wow, that's impressive.
          I'm glad Valve helps Linux.
          Too bad linux distros developers don't want to make a user friendly OS.
          Anyway I own something between 5-20 Steam games that work on Linux
          In the last years I bought only games with Linux support.

Comment

Just more than half of my games list is available on Linux (~200).

*yay* humble bundle

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
              I own 8. I only wanted Half-Life really, but ended up buying a few more that were on sale.
              This is how it starts.

Comment

These numbers are largely meaningless. On one hand, many Windows games run flawlessly on Wine and there is basically little reason not to count them as games available to Linux as well. On the other hand, not all genres are equal, some are well represented on Linux and others are very lacking. My favourite, for example, are single player, campaign oriented adventure/FPS games (in the vein of HL2, Metro, Stalker etc.) and the choice on Linux is still extremely limited.

Comment

Here we go, 663 games 320 linux ones, 50%, and I'll only buy games that works on linux, I don't play them, I don't have time, but I put my money in drm-free linux + steam key games, like humble bundles and others... Maybe my money helps...

Comment

I have around 50 of the Linux games and i got the last survey on my Linux machine But from my PoV Steam is currently unusable on Linux ootb if you has a GPU that use a Gallium3D Based driver. Steam wont start until you delete some of the Libs that Steam shipps. This Problem is not new and Valve does nothing to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerberus View Post
                      And most of them are simplistic indie games, not too many AAA titles, not to mention Linux gaming performance vs Windows, unfortunately Linux is still far away from being a viable gaming platform that can replace Windows, my favorite games dont have Linux versions at all, and future games I am interested in are unlikely to have Linux ports as well. I dont think I will be ditching Windows anytime soon.
                      This is unfortunately true, and all Valve's fault. If Valve had really wanted to invest the effort into and committed to turning Linux into a gaming OS everything would have been ready long ago, and they could have done a hard well advertised launch of the Steam Machines earlier than they had, which would have given Linux a strong voice in the gaming sphere, as it stands AAAs are only going to support and develop for Linux for as long as they decide to continue humouring SteamOS unless something radical changes.

There's a lot to be thankful for for Valve breaking the logjam and getting to be taken seriously at all, but they also screwed up the Steam Machines and the need to maintain the momentum big time, and it likely wouldn't have happened with any other company.

Comment

Working...
                      X