No announcement yet.

There Are Around 2,000 Steam Linux Games Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I seem to have 16, which gives an average of about one purchase per month over the period I've used steam (which is plenty, considering I'm not really a gamer).

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Fodrek View Post
      Michael says
      There are about 2,000 Steam Linux games that are published and working

tomtomme says
      steam says 2537 (with games filter). It does not show unreleased ones if you sort with "release date".

verdict There are 538 games advertized for Linux on Steam that is not working at least do not work well
      fixed:
      verdict There are 538 games advertized for Linux on Steam
      which were not reported on steamDB
      or are not working
      or are not working well

Comment

41 out of the 94 games I have on Steam have a Linux version. Haven't really looked for that just bought the games I've been interested in. From the top of my head only 3 of those games don't run in Wine.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerberus View Post
          And most of them are simplistic indie games, not too many AAA titles, not to mention Linux gaming performance vs Windows, unfortunately Linux is still far away from being a viable gaming platform that can replace Windows, my favorite games dont have Linux versions at all, and future games I am interested in are unlikely to have Linux ports as well. I dont think I will be ditching Windows anytime soon.
          Tis true unfortunately. We are cough in a vicious circle. AAA developers don't bother with linux because they think nobody uses it. People won't adopt linux because they can't play their favorite games on it. Hardware vendors things nobody is interested in linux so they don't bother with driver.

Something has to come along and break this cycle. And the person to do this is Gabe Newell.
          How? Release Half Life 3 as a SteamOS/Linux only title. Drivers are now good enough and they preform great on games that are more than bad ports.
          Valve is a private company so they can do this. You will NOT see a publicly held company doing something that audacious.

Comment

There are a lot of games that works and aren't included in steamdb. Steam is a better source for this

Comment

I make sure to buy and play games on Linux. Got around 80 that play on Linux. Haven't played a game on Windows in months. Alien: Isolation, Shadow of Mordor, XCOM: Enemy Unknown and XCOM 2, Talos Principle, Antichamber, Tomb Raider, QUBE, Victor Vran, Duskers, Serious Sam 3, Duskers, Saints Row 3, The Swapper, The Fall, Sublevel Zero, Monstrum, Metro 2033 and Last Light, Uplink, Defcon, Darwinia, Stealth Bastard, and more.

And I just picked up Bioshock Infinite over the weekend. More games than I know what to do with, and while some of them are 'indie', you can't call them 'simplistic'.

Comment

1/4 quarter of games and even less AAA titles and lots of them have Linux release months after Windows one, so not even run on your distribution, all of these are usually less stable than on Windows, have more glitches and performance for new ones is much worse.

Is getting better and better, but its not still real competition for Windows. Next bump would be Windows 10 D12 only games with UWP, i thin we will wait for them 4 or more years..

Comment

Ya know Payday 2 got a Linux port totally silently.. I logged in one day and there it was.

Other Linux stuff in my library Stellaris, Stardrive 2, Civ:BE, Cities Skylines, Shadowrun Dragonfall, XCom, XCom2 the Baldurs Gate / Icewind Dale games and a few others. I guess I need to stock up a few more..

Comment

Originally posted by ruthan View Post
                    1/4 quarter of games and even less AAA titles and lots of them have Linux release months after Windows one, so not even run on your distribution, all of these are usually less stable than on Windows, have more glitches and performance for new ones is much worse.

Is getting better and better, but its not still real competition for Windows. Next bump would be Windows 10 D12 only games with UWP, i thin we will wait for them 4 or more years..
                    Seems to really depend on the engine used. Most games are ports, but unity seems to have the best performing linux games.

Comment

Ya'll complaining about AAAs in here, but my general experience has been "oh, an indy? wow, that looks really good! ...but it's Windows only"; ie. the higher the production quality of indies, the less they seem to be interested in Linux (exceptions exist of course).

Comment

Working...
                      X