Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OpenMW 0.40 Released, Continues Striving As Open-Source Morrowind Reimplementation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenMW 0.40 Released, Continues Striving As Open-Source Morrowind Reimplementation

Phoronix: OpenMW 0.40 Released, Continues Striving As Open-Source Morrowind Reimplementation

OpenMW 0.40 is now available as the well known open-source reimplementation of the Elderscrolls III: Morrowind game...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

OpenMW.org says this, "The game is basically fully playable, and future releases will bring mostly more fixes and optimizations."

Does that mean I could play thru a whole campaign if I started one today? The missions and everything works? I'd like too try it out when I finish my FFIX run (just started the 3rd disc).

Comment

I hope i can still find the disc...

Comment

Yes, but does it support Wayland? Does it support Vulkan?

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
          OpenMW.org says this, "The game is basically fully playable, and future releases will bring mostly more fixes and optimizations."

Does that mean I could play thru a whole campaign if I started one today? The missions and everything works? I'd like too try it out when I finish my FFIX run (just started the 3rd disc).
          Yes, I think so.

Also it have a save game converter but it does not work properly of the save was made with 15455 mods.

Comment

Originally posted by RavFX View Post

Yes, I think so.

Also it have a save game converter but it does not work properly of the save was made with 15455 mods.
            Nice, thanks for the quick response.

Honestly, I never have much hope for these game rebuild projects, because most fail. But, this ,AM2R, and Black Mesa have really shown me that the gaming community can do some amazing things when they really want too.

Comment

Yes this whole game works (for a while already)
              I played it out twice last year

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post

How can you play FFIX on linux (steam)?. I'm stuck with dotnet 4.1.1 it doesn't work. The game used to work by bypassing the launcher, but after installing a patch it stopped, because it checks if the launcher is running. By using the old ddl files, it works but it doesn't sync new achievements.

Comment

Darn, I have openWM floating around in my Gentoo for some years now but never got around to play it. :/ Should give it a try... as soon as I have time. But it's a very welcome project.
                  Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                    Yes, but does it support Wayland? Does it support Vulkan?
                    It's open source. If you feel the project needs Wayland and Vulkan support feel free to join them and add the functionality.

Comment

Working...
                    X