Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unigine Is Working On Perhaps The Most Beautiful GPU Benchmark, Coming Later This Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
    Dumbass, The very first thing you learn about benchmarking in college education is to benchmark what you use at the settings you use it in. Nobody uses unigine at any settings.
    The benchmark is for the hardware, not for Unigine.

Really, all hardware benchmarks are like this, bigass unrealistic load (like say furmark or prime95 for CPUs), but EXACTLY THE SAME as the program you run is the same, so you can use the results to see if hardware itself is better or worse and by how much.

Comment

Originally posted by Ansla View Post
      Just curios, what colege did you to that teached gaming benchmarking?
      Lol, also this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ansla View Post
        Just curios, what colege did you to that teached gaming benchmarking? Because what you say there aplies for buying a new craphics card every few months so that you know exactly what it will run. But for some people the upgrade cycle is much longer.

For example I try to change the components of my PC after at least 3 years, idealy 5. And when dealing with long upgrade cycles it's not the games that exist today that will be problematic, but what will be released several years from now.

Now, how do you sugest I get a copy of those unreleased games to benchmark them? Don't you think that a synthetic benchmark that stresses the card more than current generation of games would be better than nothing?
        So then that means you're fully aware Unigine tells you nothing every single time right? Nada, Zilch, Zero. Nothing every sing time.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
          So then that means you're fully aware Unigine tells you nothing every single time right? Nada, Zilch, Zero. Nothing every sing time.
          Unigine benchmark tells how fast/well the HARDWARE runs this specific benchmark, so you can look how faster the HARDWARE is when compared to other HARDWARE.

And you should listen to me, I was trained in the ancient art of comprehending the whole point of benchmarks in a Buddhist monastery.

Comment

Working...
          X