Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unigine Is Working On Perhaps The Most Beautiful GPU Benchmark, Coming Later This Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
    Oh great another benchmark that means absolutely nothing, that a whole bunch of people are going to be lead into thinking can be extrapolated to real games......
    Ma' look! I spotted a retard!

Comment

Oh great another benchmark that means absolutely nothing, that a whole bunch of people are going to be lead into thinking can be extrapolated to real games......
      Those are GPU-burn benchmarks, i guess people understand what that is

That can't be extrapolated to random games performance, that goes from the case to the case... especially not at particular moment in time, when you just recieve game update which improve or breaks something

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Those are GPU-burn benchmarks, i guess people understand what that is

That can't be extrapolated to random games performance, that goes from the case to the case... especially not at particular moment in time, when you just recieve game update which improve or breaks something
        Which don't you think makes it completely worthless? Obviously.

Comment

It is not worthless, it shows you which GPU is faster or show potentional driver/api problems, etc... if let say Pascal Titan X do 15 fps @ 4K with max settings that would be perfect

Comment

You have bad weather in Valley, but oil drilling is in OilRush game
            I found it again:
            Powered by UNIGINE 2 Sim: https://sim.unigine.com/New water in UNIGINE Sim 2.2: * Beaufort scale from 0 to 12 * Geometric waves featuring adaptive hardwa...

I think it was featured on phoronix at some point, but I am not sure. There was also this earth tech demo, etc. Overall I am quite surprised that they didn't produce any other real benchmark until now, given the quantity of unigine 2 videos they publish.

Also, please ignore the "disgusting" part in my previous comment. This was poorly worded and only reflects my opinion.

Comment

Good news, it was time for a new Unigine Benchmark. I hope AMD will reach gl4.5 compliance before it gets released.
              ## VGA ##
              AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
              Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

From Unigine's point of view, it's a showcase of their engine.

Comment

I wonder why we never see many game using the Unique Engine. I've only played on and that was Cradle. It ran great on Linux even with crappy drivers at the time.

Comment

It is not worthless, it shows you which GPU is faster or show potentional driver/api problems, etc... if let say Pascal Titan X do 15 fps @ 4K with max settings that would be perfect
                    It does -not- do any of those things. If there were real games that used the engine, then it would make sense to benchmark those games, and they could tell you those things. But thing CANNOT be extrapolated.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

From Unigine's point of view, it's a showcase of their engine.
                      Fine, release it as a showcase piece then, not as a benchmark, because that's one thing it definitely isn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X