Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unigine Is Working On Perhaps The Most Beautiful GPU Benchmark, Coming Later This Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unigine Is Working On Perhaps The Most Beautiful GPU Benchmark, Coming Later This Year

Phoronix: Unigine Is Working On Perhaps The Most Beautiful GPU Benchmark, Coming Later This Year

Following the Unigine 2.3.1 engine update I was able to get confirmation from Unigine Corp they do have a new technology demo / benchmark coming out!..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Looks stunning aside from the crumpled pieces of paper which look very unnaturally. I hope the benchmark will contain more than just a room. I for one would like to see large open areas, water, leaves and grass. Grass has been solely missing in most modern games.

Comment

The lighting looks good, but just looking at that mattress I can see it could use some displacement mapping or tessellation.

Comment

Yeah, it is about time to have new benchmark demo... but these days it is better to be VK demo i guess

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
          Yeah, it is about time to have new benchmark demo... but these days it is better to be VK demo i guess
          Vulkan AND OpenGL would be more useful as it would let us compare stuff

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

Vulkan AND OpenGL would be more useful as it would let us compare stuff
            Note that direct comparison of the same engine on both platforms could easily be misleading. Each requires the renderer to be structured differently to get optimal performance, and there's a good chance that the engine developer will spend more effort on one or the other (and not be willing to develop and maintain two completely separate renderers, even though that would be for the best).

For this same reason, it may still be a while before Vulkan is deployed widely enough for most publishers to think it's worthwhile shipping an engine tuned primarily for explicit APIs.

Comment

Yeah i guess anything that can warm up less then 30 fps @ 4K would be usable for benchmarking hardware... Valley exceeded that for quite some time

Comment

This chromatic aberration looks really disgusting. I hope they fixed it.

Wasn't there some sort of demo with an oil drilling platform and some bad weather? Was it just for their game engine or a benchmark too?

Comment

Oh great another benchmark that means absolutely nothing, that a whole bunch of people are going to be lead into thinking can be extrapolated to real games......

Comment

You have bad weather in Valley, but oil drilling is in OilRush game

Comment

Working...
                    X