Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CryENGINE 5.3 Pushed Back One Month, Delaying Vulkan Support

Phoronix: CryENGINE 5.3 Pushed Back One Month, Delaying Vulkan Support

CryENGINE 5.3 had been planning to ship in mid-October with a number of new features -- including Vulkan support -- but now it's delayed at least one month...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is there any CryEngine native game for Linux?

Comment

Originally posted by ruthan View Post

Just kidding.

Comment

I think star citizen is native. Which is in alpha or beta now. Expected release next year.

Oops: I think I mixed up star citizen and planet nomads.
        Last edited by Ardje; 15 September 2016, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardje View Post

I think star citizen is native. Which is in alpha or beta now. Expected release next year.
          Can you actually download and play this Linux Beta, or exist only on paper?

Comment

Yes it's called Snow and it's free on Steam. It's a Snowboarding Game.

Comment

Star Citizen linux support is theoretical. Supposedly they had it running internally but the OpenGL support was too awful to release publicly.

I don't think they're planning to update to newer CryEngine releases anyway. They've made a bunch of changes to the engine themselves and I don't think they're interested in porting everything from upstream over to it anymore. I believe they're in the process of figuring out how to add their own DX12/Vulkan support in, but it doesn't appear to be their highest priority at the moment.

Comment

Sorry, I mixed up names. There are so many open world space sims that it's hard to know which was which. I read it on gamingonlinux.com a month ago, and between then and now was a lot of space sim news :-(.

Comment

Working...
                X