Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scellow View Post
    Oh the single player game that has a cash shop, good bye
    spoiler: don't take it too seriously Mainly crazy thoughts which I don't believe myself, but it is fun for the idea of it.

there is the theory, that the "gaming industry" went over to "preparing" people for real live through subtle training. If you see since your youth, that to get advantages in games you have to pay with real money, you also adapt that thinking into your later adolescence, maybe...

You can also adopt such thinking for games like "pokemon go". Maybe a "game master" spawns something at a specific locations which triggers a lot of people to go to that location. Maybe even roads will be blocked by this. And the truth might be, that the "game master" wanted to delay some car, which is bow blocked by a mass of people on the road. Anyway you can't know for sure why something happens in a game your machine has no control over.

Maybe there is even a "plan" behind coming up with so many DLCs now days despite such trying to get even more money.

I also find the lack of "difficulty" quite disturbing within newer games. You see it especially within Bioshock infinite and the new tomb raider. Both games are super easy, but their previous games not so much. And this is a trend I also notice in many other games.

Comment

Had to say I'm quite surprised. So feral will most likely be behind hitman port too:

Comment

SpyroRyder : try landscape.
        That should have occurred to me, but then I suppose that's the price I pay for keeping the device locked to portrait

Comment

Yeeeah! I've finished the first two but haven't had the hardware for Human Revolution until recently, so I'll need to play that first but this is awesome news.

Comment

I have to wonder what a port is worth. I keep hearing about "bad" linux ports because the gaming engine favors DX and not OpenGL. (Games like Tomb Raider).
            And games like Metro 2033 Dux; which I have yet to get it to run.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Righteous View Post
              I have to wonder what a port is worth. I keep hearing about "bad" linux ports because the gaming engine favors DX and not OpenGL. (Games like Tomb Raider).
              Personally I've found Tomb Raider to work quite well though I haven't seen it on Windows by comparison. Only issues I've seen are it stutters briefly when moving between areas and when I tried it the other day, the menus were invisible but that problem went away after a reboot.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Righteous View Post
                And games like Metro 2033 Dux; which I have yet to get it to run.
                Tomb Raider and Metro Redux both work very well on my computer and always have (Intel+nvidia, Gentoo). All Feral ports work well (aside from the occasional issue with non-English locales and VPNs…) Yes they are slower than the original directx games, but as annoying as that may be, I can’t expect them to rewrite the game engines for better OpenGL support. Hopefully things will change for the better with Vulkan…

Comment

And of course I don’t care how fast the games run on Windows. I’m not going to play them on Windows.

Comment

Interesting... so a game that performs like utter crap in Windows is already ported to Mac and Linux?

Honestly, I kinda feel bad for Feral. It must be really hard testing a game that hasn't been patched enough. Imagine encountering a glitch, ripping your hair out for hours trying to figure out what's wrong, only to find out that it's the game's fault and not your porting efforts. Then, you report the glitch to the main devs, they fix it, and it happens to break half the work you've already done. I don't know if this is how it actually works, but I see that scenario as a possibility, and a real annoying one at that.

Anyway, I too hope Vulkan is supported. Depending how this game plays, I may consider getting it. I really enjoyed HR.

Comment

Originally posted by karolherbst View Post

spoiler: don't take it too seriously Mainly crazy thoughts which I don't believe myself, but it is fun for the idea of it.

there is the theory, that the "gaming industry" went over to "preparing" people for real live through subtle training. If you see since your youth, that to get advantages in games you have to pay with real money, you also adapt that thinking into your later adolescence, maybe...

You can also adopt such thinking for games like "pokemon go". Maybe a "game master" spawns something at a specific locations which triggers a lot of people to go to that location. Maybe even roads will be blocked by this. And the truth might be, that the "game master" wanted to delay some car, which is bow blocked by a mass of people on the road. Anyway you can't know for sure why something happens in a game your machine has no control over.

Maybe there is even a "plan" behind coming up with so many DLCs now days despite such trying to get even more money.

I also find the lack of "difficulty" quite disturbing within newer games. You see it especially within Bioshock infinite and the new tomb raider. Both games are super easy, but their previous games not so much. And this is a trend I also notice in many other games.
                      Deus ex conspiracy side story!

I been noticing that a lot of people will just quit if they loose even for a little bit. People are babies. In regular fps games its why I like playing with Russians they don't quit so easy. Other types of games they are assholes. But some can be cool.

Comment

Working...
                      X