No announcement yet.

Mesa & AMDGPU-PRO Appear To Run Fine With Rocket League On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't really give much performance numbers right now, since the framerate seems locked at 60 no matter full screen or borderless (haven't tried windowed). VSYNC is off and framerate limiter is set to 250. I'm guessing the framerate limiter has a bug. I saw people on reddit mentioning the same problem.

With everything set to max and FXAA high enabled @ 1080p I'm getting solid 60fps, though. So performance is pretty dang good (except for startup and opening settings, those take forever).
    Info:
    AMD Radeon 6950 2GiB
    openSUSE Tumbleweed
    Linux 4.7.2-2-default
    Mesa 12.1~git20160908-1.3

Comment

For those interested (I imagine few are in this situation): I was able to run this with no issues on i5-6500, Intel HD 530, Ubuntu 15.10 and Mesa 11.0.4.

So far sticking to the lowest settings, 720p, but it seems to run smooth (or smooth enough for me) basically. I'm pleasantly surprised.

Comment

Performance is good, I can maintain mostly 50fps+ on medium-high settings at 1680x1050 with GTX 460 1GB with latest proprietary drivers forceware 365 on Fedora 24.
        The only problem is that it seems to pause when I explode, and I can't connect to the rocket league servers. :-( . I've played offline tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by tiwake View Post
          I did some double checking and yes, it does seem that the mouse is supposed to free-look the camera around, but it won't do anything for me.

Can anyone else verify that the mouse is not rotating the camera at all?
          I played the game some time ago, and I remember there being two camera modes (maybe there are more): one always focussing on the ball, the other always pointing in the same direction as your car. This setting was toggleable by some keyboard key.

Comment

does someone see a difference between fxaa mlaa and no aa? I am on 4k resolution and still see small jaggies with all aa methods. I cannot even see a difference between the modes.

On win / d3d the config file can be tweaked for MSAA - is this possible on linux / gl too?
            And does it even use openGL?
            My $home/.local/share/Rocket League/TAGame/Config/Linux-TASystemSettings.ini says "AllowOpenGL=False".
            Does anyone know how they ported it?

Many questions, I know, sorry

Comment

It dont runs good at all. for real on Mesa 12.0.1 with an R9 380 its a PITA cause the game freezes all over the place for secounds and runs gain with 6ßfps another few secounds until it freezes again.

also it seems that it dont supports multicore technology. it always only runs on 1 core with 100% while all others are lazy.... a really bad port for now.

Comment

Thanks Michael. This is refreshing, I like reading about compatibility of games, especially with open source radeon drivers. This game does run fine for me, except for initial load in, where there are long pauses. After that everything is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by adler187 View Post
                  Can't really give much performance numbers right now, since the framerate seems locked at 60 no matter full screen or borderless (haven't tried windowed). VSYNC is off and framerate limiter is set to 250. I'm guessing the framerate limiter has a bug. I saw people on reddit mentioning the same problem.
                  That's probably not the game's fault. I've found that games in Linux don't tend to cooperate well when it comes to vsync and anti-aliasing settings, regardless of drivers. Try running the game from a terminal and start with this:
                  vblank_mode=0 <rocket-league-binary-name>

Comment

The frame rate limiter in game works for me. Using R9 290 with mesa-git.

Comment

Since they finally decided to release the linux client after promising it every month for a year or two now
                      one year, but fair enough.

I'm not sure if its just me or what, but the mouse is not rotating the camera. This game is kind of a lot frustrating to play, cant seem to touch the ball. Is it because I should be able to freely rotate the camera but cant?
                      Never played it w/ mouse+keyboard, but yes, you should be able to rotate the camera. However, it isn't often necessary when the camera is in 'ball mode', which I'd recommend for the start.

Comment

Working...
                      X