Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa & AMDGPU-PRO Appear To Run Fine With Rocket League On Linux

Phoronix: Mesa & AMDGPU-PRO Appear To Run Fine With Rocket League On Linux

With many Linux gamers having looked forward to the Linux release of Rocket League, I tested out the Linux port of the game when using Mesa RadeonSI Gallium3D as well as the AMDGPU-PRO blob...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Great that we have RL now, it is currently on 3th place of most played games on steam... likely because of this release for Linux

An ongoing analysis of Steam's player numbers, seeing what's been played the most.

Comment

Thanks for the quick test. The game has no benchmark mode. However, relays could be utilised but not via CLI arguments, I think.
      The game is fun, I'd recommend it

Comment

Originally posted by juno View Post
        Thanks for the quick test. The game has no benchmark mode. However, relays could be utilised but not via CLI arguments, I think.
        The game is fun, I'd recommend it
        The Linux binary of Rocket League does have one "benchmark" string but didn't figure out if it meant much of anything. Plus with being UE3-based, ultimately not too interesting for benchmarking now.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Game runs on APUs on Windows, mid or low... as always high+ wanna cards On Linux people might be interested how much is slower there

Comment

Since they finally decided to release the linux client after promising it every month for a year or two now, I decided to buy it, but not before.

I'm not sure if its just me or what, but the mouse is not rotating the camera. This game is kind of a lot frustrating to play, cant seem to touch the ball. Is it because I should be able to freely rotate the camera but cant?

Comment

So question might only at what percentage Linux games ban iGPUs in comparison to Windows

Comment

I did some double checking and yes, it does seem that the mouse is supposed to free-look the camera around, but it won't do anything for me.

Can anyone else verify that the mouse is not rotating the camera at all?

Comment

Originally posted by NeptNutz
                  This is running REALLY WELL, even on the stank-old fglrx driver in SteamOS. I have a Sapphire R9 380X. Considering most AAA games crash or won't even start with this card in SteamOS, this is breath of fresh air! It was doing so well, I even (*shudder*) decided to crank up the settings.
                  15.9 might be prerelase driver for R9 390X, good that it works at all considering that card appeared at mid november 2015

Comment

You are better using at least 15.12 driver with R9 380X from backports debian repo... if not in some way amdgpu-pro.

Comment

Working...
                    X