Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here Are The Steam Survey Results For Linux During August 2016

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Here Are The Steam Survey Results For Linux During August 2016

    Phoronix: Here Are The Steam Survey Results For Linux During August 2016

    The start of the new month brings a new percentage about the estimated Linux gaming population as measured by the Steam survey...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...urvey-Aug-2016

  • #2
    I got the survey today!

    I think this is the fourth time I've gotten it.

    Comment


    • #3
      If 2~2.5% is true, somehow 0.86% looks low indeed

      But probably not every gamer is on steam, some might use GoG, wine or even traditional opensource gaming scenario, etc...

      Comment


      • #4
        But i think we can increase that with AMD blob promotion And that because one of the most popular games like TF2 lock up GCN GPUs using opensource drivers since december... that is already "i got a baby" bug

        Or maybe i shouldn't recommend blob because it works?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by dungeon View Post
          If 2~2.5% is true, somehow 0.86% looks low indeed

          But probably not every gamer is on steam, some might use GoG, wine or even traditional opensource gaming scenario, etc...
          That logic also applies for other OS's. :/

          Let's call it what it is: Linux usage for gaming isn't moving.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by gamerk2 View Post

            That logic also applies for other OS's. :/

            Let's call it what it is: Linux usage for gaming isn't moving.
            With feral making ports slower than wine does it surprise you? I wonder if theyre secretly a tentacle of microsoft.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by gamerk2 View Post
              Let's call it what it is: Linux usage for gaming isn't moving.
              Maybe, but with those numbers i would rather conclude that every 1/3 linux gamer is on steam

              Comment


              • #8
                But never forget Einstein theory you know, so even if you move if someone move faster then it just looks like that i am not moving Or let say it like this, Sun is much bigger then Earth and Canis Majoris is bigger then Sun... but from my perspective i am bigger then my monitor... or maybe i am not

                In whole Trine Enchanted Edition is slower then on Windows, but it is already slower then Trine 2... and both have broken rendering with opensource driver. And now when i found and advise Sun too bump perf on those by 40% with at least MCCaps as games are CPU capped, then Canis Lupus wanna bite me and telling me that i have not strong political opinion and now i am probably smaller then my monitor and percentage is of course low

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                  But i think we can increase that with AMD blob promotion And that because one of the most popular games like TF2 lock up GCN GPUs using opensource drivers since december... that is already "i got a baby" bug

                  Or maybe i shouldn't recommend blob because it works?
                  Is he TF2 lock-up on GCN GPUs reproducible? I recall trying TF2 on my R9 380 with AMDGPU without issue, but it wasn't really a long play-session.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Well bugX is on bugzilla, several people reported it:

                    https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=93649
                    https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=95308
                    https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=96271

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X