No announcement yet.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Might Be Seeing A Linux Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denuvo is anti-tampering tech. It couples with existing DRM like Steam, Uplay, or Origin.. Deus Ex coming to Linux would be huge as I'm a very big Deus Ex fan but I agree that a wrapper port would be troubling if it meant significant framerate loss.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
      well, i hope it won't be as slow as tomb raider and that they will port other deus exes too
      Me too. Not sure if "exes" is the correct latin plural, though.

Comment

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post

Me too. Not sure if "exes" is the correct latin plural, though.
        i'm sure it's not noun, so plural form should be applied to deus. but i didn't speak latin

Comment

denuvo is broken already, so it is irrelevant for new ports

Comment

What I know from reviews is that there are drops to 40fps on GTX 1080 on 1080p Ultra settings on Windows. So guess how would this another Feral nvidia-only port work on Linux (judging by previous Feral ports)? I bet on console experience on 980ti and 10fps on Fury X If it's going to be like this then I suggest killing it with fire.

Comment

Originally posted by faldzip View Post
              What I know from reviews is that there are drops to 40fps on GTX 1080 on 1080p Ultra settings on Windows. So guess how would this another Feral nvidia-only port work on Linux (judging by previous Feral ports)? I bet on console experience on 980ti and 10fps on Fury X If it's going to be like this then I suggest killing it with fire.
              True. Or the port could just sit in limbo in the Linux depot for a couple years then get released with a GTX 1060 as a minimum requirement and a GTX 1180 as the recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by faldzip View Post
                You don't have to run every game at ultra. There's still no hardware that could run The Witcher 2 at ultra and that's a 5-year-old game. Still, it was quite successful.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaero_Vincent View Post

True. Or the port could just sit in limbo in the Linux depot for a couple years then get released with a GTX 1060 as a minimum requirement and a GTX 1180 as the recommended.
                  Ultra is a bad idea for this game. The difference between Very High and Ultra for the same card is massive. Latest theory I saw said that Ultra uses real time global illumination, which tanks performance.
                  All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by pete910 View Post

Wouldn't that defeat the whole point of having it on the windows version though?

Mind you, that would piss a few people off if it turns out that way.
                    I have difficulties to imagine a Windows gamer installing a dual boot or a VM of Ubuntu for getting a Linux port 6 month later when he can get a cracked version the next day.

Comment

I hope so, might hold off getting it until further details...

Comment

Working...
                      X