Clear All

This is when i removed the steam and decided to sell my account haha

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
      Still more then double less then Windows XP 32 bit
      But ten times more than ReactOS.

Comment

Originally posted by le grand fuzzy View Post
        Sign into Steam multiple times in the month on Linux and never get asked to do the survey. Sign in once on Windows and immediately get asked to do the survey. I wouldn't put too much thought into the results.
        Statistics are like that. After a while someone will post with the opposite situation. It's normal you don't have the whole picture.

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post

Why would Valve want to subvert their own efforts though? What would be the motivation behind biasing towards Windows?
          That's exactly what i don't understand - but i can confirm what has already been said: never had a single survey on Linux (no big picture mode), but on windows it popped up regularly while i was still using dual-boot...

Comment

Originally posted by SaucyJack View Post
            It's either to launch a sneak attack on microsoft when the real numbers are right, or gross incompetence. Considering they refuse to even put out a 64-bit version of their client, I'm leaning towards the latter.
            Considering that there is exactly 0 need for a 64-bit version of their client since Windows and linux and OSX run 32bit programs in 64bit arch OS too anyway...

Sure on linux would be nice having it 64-bits so you don't have to pull down a bunch of 32bit libraries, but really, most games are 32bits and will remain so forever, so it's not like you can do without them anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
              Considering that there is exactly 0 need for a 64-bit version of their client since Windows and linux and OSX run 32bit programs in 64bit arch OS too anyway...

Sure on linux would be nice having it 64-bits so you don't have to pull down a bunch of 32bit libraries, but really, most games are 32bits and will remain so forever, so it's not like you can do without them anyway.
              Take a look at Distro Architecture statistic: https://www.gamingonlinux.com/users/statistics
              There is zero need for 32bit client, and many new games are 64bit only.

Comment

I wish they would finally offer a non-Ubunutu-focused thing. There is more out there than Debian derivatives. Furthermore, finally offer something that is compatible with a MODERN distribution, with a recent mesa (etc.) and that is 64bit. Besides, the survery... blah, and so on, hardly ever pops up on Linux etc. etc., whatever mechanism they use to count installations...
                I'm rather on gog*, that stuff usually just works and I am not forced to have a stupid client, a "Steam runtime environment" that stops working once I update something on my system. (* Or the little DRM free stuff Humble has to offer.)
                Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
                  Take a look at Distro Architecture statistic: https://www.gamingonlinux.com/users/statistics
                  There is zero need for 32bit client, and many new games are 64bit only.
                  There is exactly 0 need for a 64-bit version of their client since Linux can run 32bit programs in 64bit arch OS too anyway...

Comment

Steam has of course 64 bit parts but of course many games are 32 bit only, some you can select which binary you want (or autoselect) and others will only ship 64 bit binaries. This is basically no huge deal but bad filenames of shared libs are. Some games use non-standard names for openal and others and ship extremely outdated versions - or link against dev packages. This should be fixed...

Comment

Nice to see Linux growing at least as the near exponential Steam Userbase. Because that's what one should read of the fact that Linux is at a constant Share, because the Userbase is growing Linux needs the grow at the same pace.

Comment

Working...
                      X