Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Wright's SPORE makes customers angry (DRM inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by domkop View Post
    Especially on an OS I don't give a monkey's nuts about. Besides Tux has bigger nuts.
    . This one though had been OLOTD ( One-Liner of the day ) worthy too

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
      . This one though had been OLOTD ( One-Liner of the day ) worthy too
      Yeah, I have to admit, that was a gem too.

Comment

Well, I have read that Spore is actually a very good, very fun game to play. Sucks that not many people will see that because of the draconian DRM it has installed.

Comment

Originally posted by xav1r View Post
          Well, I have read that Spore is actually a very good, very fun game to play.
          I've heard that, as long as you like casual Sim-type games (which I do not; casual, yes, Sim, no).

Relevant: http://www.shacknews.com/featuredarticle.x?id=994
          And another guy bought a [PC] game, and he's in the armed forces, he's in Iraq actually. And the people there, not everybody there is in combat all the time, they're just stationed there, and they often don't have internet access. So he gets a game, it's single-player only--you can probably guess what game it is, pretty big-name game. And he can't play it because it insists on connecting to the internet to play it. And he's just like, "That's it. I can buy an Xbox 360 or a PlayStation 3, and I'm not putting up with this. It just works."
          And it doesn't work on their machine, and they go back to the store, and the store goes, "You can't return a game, you opened it." And so they're like, "Screw this, I'll just get a console game."
          The answer is that you focus on people who buy your stuff, who will buy computer software. The game industry is the only industry that I know of that sweats people playing their games even if they were never gonna buy them. It's completely different form the software industry in this regard. Adobe for example--I'm sure they don't like the fact that people pirate Adobe Photoshop, but I doubt they're losing sleep over it. There's no major common business software that I can think of where they go through the elaborate lengths to control piracy that the game industry does.

Comment

Well, yea Chris, that's true for the beggining and middle stages of the game, but from what i read the game gets really hardcore when you reach the final technology stage, where it becomes some sort of space RTS game.

Comment

From what I've heard, the game is definitely not for the hardcore crowd (RTS or no). On top of that, the first three stages feel like just leadups to the fourth/final stage when the game really starts.

The game is basically Sim Universe. It may have RTS elements, but it's not on par with the likes of Starcraft or Warcraft.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                From what I've heard, the game is definitely not for the hardcore crowd (RTS or no). On top of that, the first three stages feel like just leadups to the fourth/final stage when the game really starts.

The game is basically Sim Universe. It may have RTS elements, but it's not on par with the likes of Starcraft or Warcraft.
                Hehehe, you really want to put that game down, dont you? Ok with me, I didnt make the game, nor im going to play it, its just not my type of game.

Comment

I definitely had more fun shoving the back of my gardening stick into a Pretztails... erm... candy slot

Comment

Originally posted by xav1r View Post
                    Hehehe, you really want to put that game down, dont you?
                    I'm just repeating what I heard. Even among people that like and enjoy the game, they say it doesn't really pick up until the 4th stage, and that it's not a hardcore game (which is a reason why they like it).

Comment

SecuROM has been cracked/emulated/circumvented/etc/etc/etc already. Only legit customers are treated like junk, the warez dudes only laugh at them cause they're not affected by the copy protection at all.

Some suits in those big companies seem to have the I.Q. of a potato. Makes you wonder how they got their position in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                      X