No announcement yet.

Linux Gaming Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are quietly changing the way people look at gaming and linux with our livedvd releases. I was the first to release such a livedvd and we set the bar up pretty dang high and with the newer release we have been pretty lucky for the low amount of bug reports. The revolution is just around the corner with alot more games being ported to linux and we will be the first to dual layer a livedvd

Comment

When do you plan to release the next version? I'm assuming you are talking about the Linux Gamers LiveDVD?

Comment

No, I make the SuperGamer. We where the first to go over the 2gb limit of squash with the pclinuxos SG1 and then an update to it. We also had been releasing versions in-house for a few years. The current version is SuperGamer-VL as we used Vector as a base and changed from KDE to XFCE to ease up on some system resources.

Comment

Originally posted by supergamer View Post
          No, I make the SuperGamer. We where the first to go over the 2gb limit of squash with the pclinuxos SG1 and then an update to it. We also had been releasing versions in-house for a few years. The current version is SuperGamer-VL as we used Vector as a base and changed from KDE to XFCE to ease up on some system resources.
          Excellent. I will have to give it a try, will google it up.

Comment

Coolies, does Crysis or Command and Conquer 3 work in your OS. That would be sweet...

Comment

It could with an install of wine I believe. I did not include wine by default to showcase linux games

Comment

It could with an install of wine I believe. I did not include wine by default to showcase linux games
                And those of us who work on Native Linux games thank you for that...

Comment

" single focused effort is just so not-linux. linux is all about a hundred crappy ways rather than one polished"

Pardon me, but I disagree your comments.

I'm actually using Ubuntu Gutsy with Compiz Fusion, Fusion is a well example of how can the world of Linux unify with a common goal, as of today, pretty much all distros coming out support Fusion "out of the box" including in LiveCD (mandriva 2008 for example).

This were not possible before, because we had Beryl (very tricky and sometimes very unstable and Compiz that was pretty basic) now we have Fusion, that, as of today is the most impressive piece of programming i've seen, the current stable release is SO stable that I've been using it since gutsy day 1 with a dual-monitor equipment and multiple virtualization scenarios with virtualbox, movies and 3D (including Quake4) works like a charm with Fusion active.

So, do not allow you to "generalize" the Linux world as "a bunch of crappy ways of doing the same.

I think we are approaching the era in which Linux will meet standards (at least basic in some things) and Ubuntu is one hell of a distro to set standards, I think Linux Gaming will born from Ubuntu, but hey, that just my intuition.

Sorry for not introducing myself, I work for a hardware reviews site in which I review all kinds of hardware and Im involved in doing beta testing for a new Engine it is coming (my brother is programming it), ive been in the world of technology from quite some time now.
                  my website is at: www.maximopc.org (it is in spanish, but, quality material nevertheless)

My introduction came because i am very open to HELP the linux community in any way I can, the next hardware testing will be done with linux on it, and we are trying to develop a simple way of benchmark/test with linux in our reviews, just like phoronix do.

Congrats on the page, my name is daniel and i hope to be in this community for a long time.

PD: excellent topic, keep up the good work.

Comment

Working...
                  X