Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unity 5.4 Arrives With Better Multi-Threaded Rendering, Other Rendering Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unity 5.4 Arrives With Better Multi-Threaded Rendering, Other Rendering Improvements

Phoronix: Unity 5.4 Arrives With Better Multi-Threaded Rendering, Other Rendering Improvements

Unity 5.4 was released this morning as the latest version of this popular cross-platform game engine...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...y-5.4-Released

Michael, there is a typo: "ANdroid"

Comment

As soon as it gets to version 7.x we'll have a really hard time to figure out if an article is talking about the desktop environment or the game engine.

I already struggle as it is...

Comment

Originally posted by yurikoles View Post
        Michael, there is a typo: "ANdroid"
        Fixed, thanks
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
          As soon as it gets to version 7.x we'll have a really hard time to figure out if an article is talking about the desktop environment or the game engine.

I already struggle as it is...
          I see what you mean. I read the title and I was like wait a minute isn't Canonical's new environent Unity 8? Why are we regressing? Before realising there is also a game engine called Unity.

Comment

Yeah, I recognized that too. I think it would be easier for readers if the game engine was referred to as Unity3D. In fact that's most often how their logo's portray it.

Comment

Originally posted by r_a_trip View Post

I see what you mean. I read the title and I was like wait a minute isn't Canonical's new environent Unity 8? Why are we regressing? Before realising there is also a game engine called Unity.
              I have a worse situation because I often have projects writing against Hyland's Unity API, which is a C# API for a document management system called OnBase. Ugh!

Comment

Pls make linux editor stable.. I want to see it on the official download page

Comment

Unity should get a better, more distinguished name.
                  Unity Game Engine/Environment -> Unigage
                  (Extra G for easy pronounciation.)
                  Ain't that a kickass name?

Comment

Originally posted by gotwig View Post
                    Pls make linux editor stable.. I want to see it on the official download page
                    waiting for an official linux release as well. But before that, they better fix the 100% cpu load bug in the editor. It's simply unacceptable.

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/high-cpu-usage.350462/

Comment

Working...
                    X