Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overlord Is Being Released For Linux Tomorrow

Phoronix: Overlord Is Being Released For Linux Tomorrow

Just one day after Virtual Programming released a new teaser video for Overlord on Linux, the OSX/Linux game porting company announced their release date for the game that is coming to Linux and Mac, the better part of a decade after the Windows release...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...Tomorrow-Linux

There seems to be no benchmark mode in Overlord at all.

Interesting: The game has a hardcoded "exit to windows" menu, and a VP port suggest that it may remain that way. Shitstorm is about to come...

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
      Interesting: The game has a hardcoded "exit to windows" menu, and a VP port suggest that it may remain that way. Shitstorm is about to come...
      It wasn't terribly graphics-intensive game anyway, and what's wrong with "exit to windows" menu?

Would be an issue if Overlord's head was replaced with a Bill Gates trollface or something

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
        It wasn't terribly graphics-intensive game anyway, and what's wrong with "exit to windows" menu?

Would be an issue if Overlord's head was replaced with a Bill Gates trollface or something
        Because renaming it to "Exit to desktop" or simply " Quit game" is so diffcult.

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
          Oh come on, they just slapped the whole game without touching it inside a compatiblity layer...

Comment

It wasn't a bad game. I already own it so we'll see how it goes. I hope they port the sequels.

Comment

Welp, it's not been released yet. Seems the article had incorrect information.

EDIT: Apparently, it's been released under a different distributor. Namely, https://www.deliver2.com/products/overlordlinux

That's some bullshit since I'm not buying the game again for them to slap a fucking wrapper over that required next to zero effort for them and ends up with a half-assed port. The game wasn't that great for me to pay full price twice.
              Last edited by computerquip; 07-22-2016, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post

Better not use "Exit to desktop." Somebody might be running the game straight from the command line and they'll be offended!

Comment

Turns out I already own it, must have been part of a humble bunde, but it won't start because it's linked against gtk3 and that is not part of the steam runtime. And I use KDE so no native gtk installed.

Comment

Working...
                  X