Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day of the Tentacle Remastered Is Out For Linux

Phoronix: Day of the Tentacle Remastered Is Out For Linux

If you want to relive gaming from the early 90's, Day of the Tentacle Remastered is now available for Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Cool! Time for some nostalgia!

Comment

Ah that was really a classic. As soon as this remastered one pops up without DRM I shall throw money at it. GoG still needs the Linux version (just checked).
      Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Bought and now downloading

Adarion there's a drm free version here: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/d...rce=search_bar

Comment

Given that the remaster took so long to be announced that I set an eBay watch and paid good money for a copy of the original from Ireland (I'm Canadian), I'm still waiting for a sale to bring a DRM-free copy down to $5 US or less.

(And I'm really hoping that running a resource extractor on it will reveal ScummVM-compatible resources for the Amiga-like EGA v2 version of Maniac Mansion rather than the C64-like EGA v1 version that's included in the CD-ROM release.)

Comment

Zak McKraken

Comment

Awesome, I've been waiting for the Linux port and promised Tim to buy it as soon as it came out. Instant buy!

Comment

I buy all the linux games I can, just to support the linux game development, I have about 600, but... I only support them if they are drm free, I want the complete pack, , I'll wait like I waited for my Another World (Out of this world) in Gog because in HB-steam was with drm. Btw I play them on steam (so I like also dual steam-drmfree) but I must have a working copy of it in my harddrives, just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
                  Ah that was really a classic. As soon as this remastered one pops up without DRM I shall throw money at it. GoG still needs the Linux version (just checked).
                  fu*k not yet on GOG, i will have to wait https://www.gog.com/game/day_of_the_tentacle_remastered

Comment

Bought!

Comment

Working...
                    X