The Number Of Linux Games Has More Than Quadrupled In The Past Two Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Number Of Linux Games Has More Than Quadrupled In The Past Two Years

Phoronix: The Number Of Linux Games Has More Than Quadrupled In The Past Two Years

There are more than four times as many Linux games available today as there were two years ago...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

GRID Autosport, Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs and SOMA. I don't know how many but I believe it'll increase very fast since companies like SEGA start to publish their games on Linux.

Comment

I have quite enjoyed the Borderlands series, Pillars of Eternity and a whole host of indie titles

Comment

why do i think this is absolutely wrong sensationalist way to look at it?

quadrupling 1 only takes 3. and the larger the initial number, the harder it is to get higher factor. i wonder what follow up titles will be based on phoronix history

Comment

Lately I've been playing Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas with Wine Staging. I've also been playing Fallout 4 on Linux with a cloud gaming service. When I build my new computer, I'll play the new Tomb Raider 2013 port.

Last edited by Xaero_Vincent; 05 June 2016, 10:58 AM.

Comment

It's necessary to promote them.

Comment

It is a good time to game on Linux. I've mostly been working my way through Shadow of Mordor. I don't think we've had anything with that style of gameplay before on Linux.

Comment

Number of games and number of good games on Linux are incredible. They certainly each have quirks and whole SteamOS/Steam Runtime idea still needs to be ironed out, but we are getting there.

Comment

I'm pretty happy with indie-puzzle-platformers

Comment

Originally posted by justmy2cents View Post
                    why do i think this is absolutely wrong sensationalist way to look at it?

quadrupling 1 only takes 3. and the larger the initial number, the harder it is to get higher factor. i wonder what follow up titles will be based on phoronix history
                    Quadrupling means exactly what it means. I don't think anyone needs any explanation about it.

Even 500 games was significant and an amazing achievement for Linux gaming.
                    Having now 2200 games while there are 8000 on Windows, in just a couple of years, is just crazy.
                    The fact that it went so fast, more than quadrupling in just two years, shows there is actual developer interest for the platform.

I enjoyed a lot playing Borderland 2 and The Talos Principle, thanks to Steam on Linux.

Comment

Working...
                    X