• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you play dota2 Michael?

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
      Do you play dota2 Michael?
      I don't play any computer games... Wish I magically had such free time.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I think the Talos Principle devs also said that there seems to be something strange going on with high resolutions and Vulkan. They are investigating it with IHVs.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

I don't play any computer games... Wish I magically had such free time.
          No free time and you struggle to buy/recoup the cost of a GTX1080? You must be doing some serious charity hours there

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
            I received some feedback from Valve with regards to Dota 2 on the Source 2 Engine testing along with a better demo to use for benchmarking and also using the latest Dota 2 Vulkan DLC updates. So here is a fresh look at the OpenGL vs. Vulkan performance for this popular Valve game on an assortment of NVIDIA and AMD graphics cards.
            Thanks for being responsive, it's a start
            I still miss min.FPS data

Well, so 1280x1024 is clearly heavily CPU-bound on every card. Nvidia is still ~12% faster on both APIs. I think this and the fact that OGL is faster in GPU-bound scenarios confirm that they are still somewhere around "stage 1" (see http://gpuopen.com/wp-content/upload...ns_learned.pdf, pages 5-13). The same should apply on The Talos Principle. There is much abstraction in this implementations and just switching the API won't utilise all the advantages, while it still could help a lot when being cpu-bound.
            Last edited by juno; 26 May 2016, 06:22 PM.

Comment

These new APIs are useless, which is what I said from the get-go.

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
                These new APIs are useless, which is what I said from the get-go.
                Just because this 1 game has a issue? There are a few dx12/vulkan games around atm, most show pretty decent improvements. Wait till the new Doom comes out and compare its Vulkan performance as it does OGL also.

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post

No free time and you struggle to buy/recoup the cost of a GTX1080? You must be doing some serious charity hours there
                  Huh? The reason I struggle is due to all the ad blocking visitors.
                  Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Huh? The reason I struggle is due to all the ad blocking visitors.
                    I was implying that if you have no free time to play games, then you MUST be working all the time. Most people work for money ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post

I was implying that if you have no free time to play games, then you MUST be working all the time. Most people work for money ;-)
                      Yes except when I am working and people viewing this site are using ad-blockers (around 50% of them...) so I am not able to be compensated for all my work. Similarly, a lot of the PTS work where many companies choose not to take advantage of commercial offerings.
                      Michael Larabel

Comment

Working...
                      X