Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS:GO Finally Shifts Over To 64-bit Build On Linux

Phoronix: CS:GO Finally Shifts Over To 64-bit Build On Linux

The Linux and OS X builds of Valve's Counter-Strike: Global Offensive are finally 64-bit!..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I hope that the Source 2 engine supports Wayland.

Comment

There are dozen bug reports on Github releated to this update

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        I hope that the Source 2 engine supports Wayland.
        I don't.

Source 2 supports SDL2, which supports Xserver, Wayland, Mir, Window's, Mac, ect, ect, ect.

No system/compositor specific hacks is needed, wanted, or desired.

Comment

Originally posted by Grayscale View Post
          There are dozen bug reports on Github releated to this update
          That explains why I couldn't mute and report players last night, some people just won't shut up when they die, and don't let others play quietly. Probably won't be able to play csgo again until this is fixed -.-

Comment

Originally posted by Max Payne View Post

That explains why I couldn't mute and report players last night, some people just won't shut up when they die, and don't let others play quietly. Probably won't be able to play csgo again until this is fixed -.-
            I also hit that, really, really annoying.

Comment

very bad update... the game now is unplayable, framerate drops to 20fps (and below), i've a lot of stuttering and freeze with audio loop.
              before this update, i was playing at 60+fps

Comment

Very interested to know how they achieved this. Source 1 has no 64-bit mode. Would they really port the source 1 engine to 64-bit when it's broadly being phased out and replaced by source 2?

Comment

Originally posted by scottishduck View Post
                  Very interested to know how they achieved this. Source 1 has no 64-bit mode. Would they really port the source 1 engine to 64-bit when it's broadly being phased out and replaced by source 2?
                  Most 64-bit "port"s are just a recompile with a flag such as "-m32" removed from the compiler flags.

Comment

Seems to work just fine. Except that when I switch desktops (or windows) it sometimes crashes, but that's not a new bug, it's always been doing that.

Comment

Working...
                    X