SteamOS 2.80 Brewmaster Lands The AMDGPU-PRO Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ericg View Post
    Because they compiled their own kernel? Anyone can get GCN1.1+ on AMDGPU, if they really want it, it's a kernel option.
    Actually with the amdgpu pro stack you don't need to recompile the kernel as long as you are using a distro where the dkms package installs - the dkms package includes amdgpu kernel driver with CIK enabled by default.
    Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post

Can you please stop with this bullshit? Thanks
      === +1 ===

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

You writings does not even handle the topic. Loosers go personally when have nothing else to write.
        At least I've seen darkbasic handle topics other than Debian XFCE.

Comment

You writings does not even handle the topic. Loosers go personally when have nothing else to write.
          Urgh, people who spell lose with two Os is a pet peeve of mine. Frankly, I find this more deplorable than the blind fanatacism to this particular distro/DE combo.

Comment

Hi; bridgman
            I can not setup dual screen with 15.20.3 LG TV and HP monitor.
            finally i managed to work i build dkms source from 15.30.1 rest of packages remains as 15.20.3

when you can release newer build for ubuntu

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
              Urgh, people who spell lose with two Os is a pet peeve of mine. Frankly, I find this more deplorable than the blind fanatacism to this particular distro/DE combo.
              Everyone else miss the irony of him calling out someone for not being on topic while he quoted and responded to someone with something they didn't ask about?

user asked: "questions about SteamOS"
              his response: "here let me shove some more debian xfce down your throat instead of answering the question in it's context"

Classic.

Comment

You spelled "Loser" wrong. -________-

Also you lost the debate because you hit below the belt name calling.

What a moron.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
                  It is worth noting that SteamOS got a special 16.30 driver that is a newer branch than the recently released 2nd AMDGPU release (16.20).

You can try the driver on other distributions however:

http://repo.steampowered.com/steamos...pro-installer/

You know how Linux users are always saying things like "Valve should give people reasons to use SteamOS"

And then they suggest things like

a ) Half Life 3 as a temporary SteamOS exclusive

b ) Half Life 3 with Special DLC or Collector Content

c ) The Best Drivers on SteamOS

Well, I applaud their vigilance and diligence in getting AMDGPU drivers ahead of everyone else, this is exactly the kind of foreward thing that makes me want to feed Lord Gaben some cookies

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post

Actually with the amdgpu pro stack you don't need to recompile the kernel as long as you are using a distro where the dkms package installs - the dkms package includes amdgpu kernel driver with CIK enabled by default.
                    Hey Bridgman, thanks for the reply.

Are there any plans (or available scripts / packages) for RHEL support? I know things are still in beta, but I've got a CentOS 7 system that I wouldn't mind helping to bug-test with.
                    All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post

You know how Linux users are always saying things like "Valve should give people reasons to use SteamOS"

And then they suggest things like

a ) Half Life 3 as a temporary SteamOS exclusive

b ) Half Life 3 with Special DLC or Collector Content

c ) The Best Drivers on SteamOS

Well, I applaud their vigilance and diligence in getting AMDGPU drivers ahead of everyone else, this is exactly the kind of foreward thing that makes me want to feed Lord Gaben some cookies
                      Yeah, not bad at all so far. They really need more app-centric functionality in terms of giving people a reason to use SteamOS regularly. Every device/console has had that for a while. Netflix/Plex etc. That way even for folks who aren't always gaming, it becomes the device to use more regularly. (Not meaning to side-track the convo though - Valve is doing some of the best driver implementation I've seen. Pretty much 100% automated/integrated)

Comment

Working...
                      X