Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve Is Finally Releasing Dota 2 With Vulkan Support Very Soon

Phoronix: Valve Is Finally Releasing Dota 2 With Vulkan Support Very Soon

It has taken longer than anticipated, but it looks like Valve will be releasing Dota 2 with Vulkan API renderer support within the next week...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wish I could try it, sadly bumblebee doesnt support it yet

Comment

Doesn't this sort of confirm that Vulkan is soon to come to all source engine games then?

Comment

Next week can be 3 months later for Valve.

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
        Doesn't this sort of confirm that Vulkan is soon to come to all source engine games then?
        They haven't even said anything about porting the old Source games to the Source 2 engine like Dota2...

Comment

Good stuff. It's unfortunate that the non-beta AMDGPU PRO driver couldn't be released in time for this. But I guess as long as AMD is working closely with Valve and id and other Vulkan devs then it should be worth the wait. Doom Vulkan version is also expected within the next few weeks (albeit windows only).

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
          No. The other games are on source1 engine which doesn't support Vulkan.

Comment

Will be interesting to see how much faster Vulkan can be compared to OpenGL. Previous tests came from not finished Vulkan apps. Doom with Vulkan on Linux would be a instant buy but not anymore for Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by humbug View Post
              Good stuff. It's unfortunate that the non-beta AMDGPU PRO driver couldn't be released in time for this. But I guess as long as AMD is working closely with Valve and id and other Vulkan devs then it should be worth the wait. Doom Vulkan version is also expected within the next few weeks (albeit windows only).

No. The other games are on source1 engine which doesn't support Vulkan.

Valve decision to release suggest one of three possibilities:
              a) Prominent bugs where fixed in Dota 2 and everything is ready for release.
              b) Prominent bugs where fixed in drivers from Nvidia/AMD and we will see Dota2 release alongside those.
              c) Mix of above.

Comment

Originally posted by bibaheu View Post
                Next week can be 3 months later for Valve.

They haven't even said anything about porting the old Source games to the Source 2 engine like Dota2...
                Half Life 3 confirmed

Comment

I had the same thought

Nice, Valve, now go and port csgo to s2

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                  This should be fun timing too for the GTX 1080 Pascal with likely having to buy it next week for testing and thus another target for this OpenGL vs. Vulkan comparison.

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...an-Coming-Soon
                  Really, Michael?
                  You are really going to buy the 1080? Well if you do so, I never want to see you begging for donations or I could not take you seriously agian...
                  BTW, that link doesnt lead to anything pascal-related. The correct one would be this one, I guess: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...0-Embargo-Lift

Now just read to the commends of this article and listen to your readers for one single time.
                  Last edited by juno; 19 May 2016, 03:32 AM.

Comment

i want vulkan and source 2 on CS:GO, i don't like MOBA games so i don't like Dota2.
                    please valve port cs:go on source 2

Comment

Working...
                    X