Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stellaris Released With Same-Day Linux Support

Phoronix: Stellaris Released With Same-Day Linux Support

For those into simulation/strategy games, Paradox released Stellaris today with same-day Linux support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm going to get a copy because I like space games and to support a company for releasing Linux versions.

Sadly it doesn't make sense for me to play games in Linux these days. My Linux laptop does have an Intel/Nvidia Optimus setup, but I've been sticking to the open source drivers since they seem to work really well.

And my hard-core gaming system with the dual Nvidia 980s is running Windows 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Zan Lynx View Post
      I'm going to get a copy because I like space games and to support a company for releasing Linux versions.

Sadly it doesn't make sense for me to play games in Linux these days. My Linux laptop does have an Intel/Nvidia Optimus setup, but I've been sticking to the open source drivers since they seem to work really well.

And my hard-core gaming system with the dual Nvidia 980s is running Windows 10.
      And dual booting your gaming rig is not an option?

Comment

Originally posted by AJenbo View Post

That's what I did, extremely happy I did too! The only time I boot into windows is for 'windows only' games. I'm definitely picking this up, specifically to help support Paradox for making linux games.

Comment

Bought. Normally I wouldn't buy day-1 but I support companies that do day-1 linux releases.

(and the initial steam reviews look good)
          Last edited by linuxjacques; 09 May 2016, 01:33 PM. Reason: steam reviews

Comment

Originally posted by linuxjacques View Post
            Bought. Normally I wouldn't buy day-1 but I support companies that do day-1 linux releases.
            Exactly the same here.

I just want to let you know, if someone hesitate, Stellaris runs flawless on amd HD 7850 with mesa 11.3-devel and radeonsi + linux 4.6 rc6. So at least with this GPU there is no need for the catalyst driver.

Comment

I preordered Stellaris and am looking forward to playing it tonight. I don't dual boot so I only buy games that work on Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by AJenbo View Post

​Booting a Windows gaming system into Linux seems like a crazy idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Zan Lynx View Post

​Booting a Windows gaming system into Linux seems like a crazy idea.

He's talking about having a dual-boot system. You either boot into windows or boot into linux.

Comment

Just bought it with the very slim chance that this might work on my Intel NUC5 (integrated graphics) and to my supersize it started up with absolutely no problem and seems to work (at least entering a new game). I'm kind of blown away, good work Paradox!

Comment

Working...
                    X