An Interesting Game Is Coming Powered By Unigine 2, Switched From UE4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Interesting Game Is Coming Powered By Unigine 2, Switched From UE4

Phoronix: An Interesting Game Is Coming Powered By Unigine 2, Switched From UE4

Unigine 2 has looked like a real beauty at least from screenshots, but sadly there hasn't been any tech demo / benchmark releases off it yet nor any major games to talk about using this updated engine. Fortunately, that's now changing...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Little mistake:
    This sci-fi game game up to now has been developed
    They don't have any screenshots or videos on their website but at least the concept art and interactive 3D rendering looks interesting. Thanks for sharing Micheal.

Comment

MMORPG = fail within the first quarter.
      What's this one supposed to bring to the table to keep it afloat?

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
        MMORPG = fail within the first quarter.
        An MMORPG does not have to be of the same scale as World of Warcraft to actually be successful. Sure enough, plenty of MMORPGs failed rather quickly but the same can be said of any genre. And, conversely, plenty of MMORPGs did fine or are still doing fine in spite of having nowhere near the playerbase of WoW. In fact, WoW has been the only MMORPG in the history of videogaming that has had a playerbase like it did. Even now, while most decidedly dying, its playerbase still is several times larger than any competitor ever was.

Does that mean those competitors failed?

Comment

For all the potential MMOs promised; seems the MOST satisfying gaming is single player. What screws up a MMO; well, people.
          A lot of the competitive MMO gaming is so rife with cheating there is no honest game play.

Comment

Originally posted by michal
            MMO games are expensive to maintain. if the game does not have a large enough user base and monthly subscription system or in game economy that allows company to make money on it - it will be soon a financial failure.
            Well, so far I'm not seeing any hint this title is going to be F2P. Quoting their own FAQ: "We are currently looking at all options."
            Originally posted by Dr. Righteous View Post
            For all the potential MMOs promised; seems the MOST satisfying gaming is single player. What screws up a MMO; well, people.
            A lot of the competitive MMO gaming is so rife with cheating there is no honest game play.
            That's exaggerating the problem beyond belief. Sure enough, in both PvP as well as PvE, MMOs have seen their fair share of cheating but, to claim there is no honest gameplay? Blizzard, to name but one entity, is very harsh in responding to cheating. Top tier guilds have actually been mass banned for abusing broken game mechanics. Leaving just the broken mechanics themselves, to which I say -- Show me 1 piece of software that is completely free of bugs. You can't. Because, even the compiler used to compile that piece of software contains bugs. And the OS that runs that compiler contains bugs. And all those bugs propagate and/or interact. And, the abuse of game mechanics or cheating in other ways is even more prevalent in single player.

Comment

If im not wrong there are other 2 "successfull" russian / ukraine MMO Unigine project, 5+ years in development and still without release.

I dont want to say, that UE4 / Unity / Crytech are better choice for MMO, but i Unigine for games isnt successful story even for generic 3rd person shooters and MMO are most complex one.

I think that better way would be help to improve UE4 or wait sometime when it will more mature product.

Comment

Originally posted by ruthan View Post
                I think that better way would be help to improve UE4 or wait sometime when it will more mature product.
                The developers obviously felt that Unigine 2 was a bettered solution than UE4. The whole point of using an off the shelf engine is that you don't have to spend significant amounts of time developing the underlying engine yourself to get the basic features you need.

Comment

I don't know about the Game but Unigine is a great engine. I wish it was in use more but I understand it's expensive.

Comment

Working...
                  X