Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Linux Games Are Most Important To You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frets on Fire is really cool - I even patched the kernel once to support the GH3 PC guitar (same as the one for GH2 Xbox 360).

Zero Ballistics was fun too, just waiting for an update with more levels...

Comment

quake 1-4.
      ut2k4
      dominions 3
      Urban Terror
      NWN

Comment

ETQW
        Quake 1-4
        Nexuiz
        Wine

Comment

Got into Tremulous again. Forgot how much the battles suck. Basically all everyone does is build a bunch of crap in their bases and wait. Fun game nonetheless.
          Still, Warsow and Nexuiz are the top favorites. If fglrx were to seriously break those games I don't know what I would do.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonix View Post
            (...)
            -Frozen Bubble (I just love it )
            Are you kidding me? This is also a favourite of mine. Gotta love tossin' 'em coloured balls.

Other games I like to play:
            WINE - ENEMY TERRITORY: QUAKE WARS - DOOM3 - SAVAGE 2: A TORTURED SOUL - PENUMBRA (both installments are just great) - OPEN ARENA - SECRET MARYO CHRONICLES - SUPER TUX KART (although a real physics engine would do this game good) - MEDAL OF HONOR: ALLIED ASSAULT - ...

Comment

played doom3 and quake4 completely in linux . addictive games : frozen-bubble, neverputt, bzflag (on lan), cannonsmash (its a wonderful 3d table tennis game), chromium b.s.u., neverball (too difficult and frustrating for me ), armagetron(ad), supertux, pingus, and last but not the least, quake3arena. Sorry if I missed out on any, but in short, there I find no dearth of quality games in linux, eventhough I would like to have some more. And these games are by-and-large perfect - I had nothing more to ask.

Speaking of wine, I have also played the entire game of portal through steam. Occasionally slow, but by-and-large very good. Pretty amazing how far wine has come. I was also amazed when one of the racing games I am addicted to - test drive unlimited, ran near perfectly on wine 0.9.55 (too bad it got borked later in 0.9.57, and guess it was fixed in wine 1.1.0) - a beautiful game, but it seems badly ported from console to pc. Although I don't play Need for Speed any more, last time I saw nfs underground play very well.
              Last edited by hdas; 31 August 2008, 03:04 PM.

Comment

* both Penumbra titles
                * Eschalon Book 1
                * Penny Arcade (...) - Episode 1
                * Postal 2 Multiplayer
                * Planeshift
                * FreeCiv

Comment

ETQW
                  Quake IV
                  Doom 3
                  UT2K4
                  NWN
                  Eschalon Book I
                  Majesty Gold
                  Heretic II
                  Kohan Immortal Sovereign

Those are the Linux-native titles I play, but the vast majority of my time playing games is spent playing WoW through Wine as well as The Orange Box titles. I'm also quite addicted to Peggle and the Oddworld compilation available through Steam.

Comment

ioquake3
                    Openarena
                    Tremulous
                    Darkplaces
                    Nexuiz
                    Blobwars: Metal Blob Solid
                    Wesnoth
                    Nethack

Comment

I just played Nexuiz for the first time about 2 weeks ago, and I'm hooked. I was always hesitant because the screenshots didn't look too good. Now that I've played it, I like it more than Warsow and Alien Arena combined. It's a really fun game, and the graphics are much better than I anticipated.

The funny part is, I wouldn't have tried it had I not seen the YouTube videos of it.

Oh, and the best game on Linux is clearly Neverball

Comment

Working...
                      X