Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tomb Raider Is Being Released For Linux Today

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tomb Raider Is Being Released For Linux Today

    Phoronix: Tomb Raider Is Being Released For Linux Today

    Feral Interactive has let the cat out of the bag: Tomb Raider is shipping for Linux today!..

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...er-Linux-Today

  • #2
    Steam still showing no linux icon

    Comment


    • #3
      Michael, can you have a look at https://playrust.com/devblog-107/ ?? In the middle part of the update they claim the following:

      You can get involved too: just open the game, open the console and type in benchmark. It’ll run a bunch of tests then open a webpage with your results. You can share the URL with your friends or with us to see what kind of performance you’re getting. Here’s my work PC. If you keep your results together you’ll be able to compare your results across versions, and flag up any performance changes with us.
      This is for regular users but they also mention that they have automated benchmarking running on their own all the time now. Maybe you could automate it for yourself too?

      Comment


      • #4
        For some reason the "Feral mini site" shows Mac ☹

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Veske View Post
          Michael, can you have a look at https://playrust.com/devblog-107/ ?? In the middle part of the update they claim the following:



          This is for regular users but they also mention that they have automated benchmarking running on their own all the time now. Maybe you could automate it for yourself too?
          I'd be interested to know about this as well. We need more real games with good benchmark parameters. (well, specifically I'd like to know if Tomb Raider has the appropriate parameters)
          Last edited by duby229; 27 April 2016, 09:00 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Veske View Post
            Michael, can you have a look at https://playrust.com/devblog-107/ ?? In the middle part of the update they claim the following:



            This is for regular users but they also mention that they have automated benchmarking running on their own all the time now. Maybe you could automate it for yourself too?
            If it first requires opening the game and then opening the console to run benchmark, it already fails if it can't be automated from start-up with some command line switches.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Michael View Post
              If it first requires opening the game and then opening the console to run benchmark, it already fails if it can't be automated from start-up with some command line switches.
              Questions:

              Why doesn't PTS use (or create if it doesn't exist) a universal library that would automate benchmarking of any OpenGL game? Via LD_PRELOAD, or via kernel syscall tracing if LD_PRELOAD isn't enough.

              Is among the problems preventing such a library in PTS the lack of time to implement the library?

              Is among the problems preventing such a library in PTS also something else?

              Please reply so that we can resolve what the problems preventing such a universal library are.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Veske View Post
                Michael, can you have a look at https://playrust.com/devblog-107/
                Wow Lara Croft looks old (and apparently bald) in this picture https://i2.wp.com/files.facepunch.co...malecloth1.jpg

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by atomsymbol View Post

                  Questions:

                  Why doesn't PTS use (or create if it doesn't exist) a universal library that would automate benchmarking of any OpenGL game? Via LD_PRELOAD, or via kernel syscall tracing if LD_PRELOAD isn't enough.

                  Is among the problems preventing such a library in PTS the lack of time to implement the library?

                  Is among the problems preventing such a library in PTS also something else?

                  Please reply so that we can resolve what the problems preventing such a universal library are.
                  There is apitrace, but overhead means the results won't be the same exact performance the first play through was.
                  https://apitrace.github.io/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Nothing on Steam?

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X