An Open-Source Doom 3 Engine Is Looking To Implement Vulkan Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boffo View Post

I liked the game, you can play it with wine. It won't run 2x faster because it has an adaptive loading technology for texture loading that keeps the fps at 60. You can only tast how good your pc is at unpacking/decompressing the textures, unfortunatly it's accelerated only with cuda, so Intel and Amd harware do have bad performance, also true on Windows.
    Well to be honest, my 780 GTX kind of did an average job with Rage. I have a friend who has an AMD GPU and it runs better on his system simply because he uses a SSD as his gaming drive. The game has limitations more with drive load I/O than with GPU. Before I had the 780 GTX, my old 460 GTX ran the game fine. I finished the game using the 460 GTX and by the time I upgraded, I had lost interest in the game because it was too short.

Comment

Originally posted by b15hop View Post

Well to be honest, my 780 GTX kind of did an average job with Rage. I have a friend who has an AMD GPU and it runs better on his system simply because he uses a SSD as his gaming drive. The game has limitations more with drive load I/O than with GPU. Before I had the 780 GTX, my old 460 GTX ran the game fine. I finished the game using the 460 GTX and by the time I upgraded, I had lost interest in the game because it was too short.
      I played the game on my laptop, with a AMD A8 trinity, the bottleneck was the cpu on my pc (I know because of the rage benchmark) not the IO, because I have an SSD, maybe you used a hhd. Well I'm not very sure anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by boffo View Post

I played the game on my laptop, with a AMD A8 trinity, the bottleneck was the cpu on my pc (I know because of the rage benchmark) not the IO, because I have an SSD, maybe you used a hhd. Well I'm not very sure anyway.
        Anyone who uses a SSD is quite fine. If you use a HDD the game chugs, no matter what GPU you use. That was my point. What frustrated me was that the game never took advantage of x64 ie, larger amounts of RAM. Ram is faster than an SSD. So the game devs had no excuse for it's hdd caching issues.

Comment

Working...
        X