Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomb Raider 2013 Is Indeed Coming To Linux

Phoronix: Tomb Raider 2013 Is Indeed Coming To Linux

For the past few weeks there have been rampant rumors about Tomb Raider 2013 being ported to Linux, largely based upon SteamDB updates indicating an in-progress Linux port of this popular game...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hopefully they release it on gog.com. I will definitely buy it if and only if they release it there.

Comment

awesome. but, i would really prefer trilogy than reboot. reboot feels like tomb raider... without tombs

p.s. i know the island is one giant tomb of lost civilization, but it really lacks the exploration factor

Comment

did hear things from a few of my sources who wish to remain anonymous
        i am having my doubts about that claim. people were on it for at least 2 weeks now (and yes, it was unknown what to make of it at that time), due to steamdb entries being placed for the linux port of the game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/linux_gamin...r_tomb_raider/
        Last edited by yoshi314; 16 February 2016, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Isn't TressFX a DirectX11 only library?

Comment

Originally posted by chelobaka View Post
            Isn't TressFX a DirectX11 only library?

Would be a good opportunity to write a vulkan/opengl port for TressFX - that's should be spirit/possibility of an open source project.

Comment

I feel lucky. I bought Medieval II on Steam and few months later it got Linux version. I also have bought Tomb Raider and it is coming to Linux too. My last Steam game without Linux support is Mortal Kombat 9, but it works fine with wine.

Comment

I bought this game ages ago, but haven't played it yet, since I don't use Windows much anymore. However, I guess the devs have ways to see what platforms their games are being played on.

Comment

Please don't brought the game now. Buy it when it released. Not only that avoid situation like Batman, but that way steam knows you are paying for Linux and flag it so Linux developer got the money.

Comment

Don't buy the game now, wait till Linux version released. Not only this will avoid Batman situation, but also steam check which platform you are buying and playing and flag the company to send the money to Linux developer.

Comment

Working...
                    X