No announcement yet.

RadeonSI Gallium3D Can Work With XCOM 2 On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shouldn't the title read "XCOM 2 Can Work With RadeonSI" instead of "RadeonSI Can Work With XCOM 2"?

Comment

Originally posted by chris200x9 View Post
      Great news! I know this might be a bit much to ask but are you still planning to try with catalyst?
      http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...t-XCOM-2-Linux
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by rastersoft View Post
        So they developed the game using AMD/ATI chips, but announce it as "recommended with nVidia"...
        I think "We have completed the entire game on an AMD machine" means that they've played through the entire game like once! :-)

Comment

Ahh, so you're thinking "future" in this context means "readily available today but not necessarily in your stock distro". Makes sense, thanks...
          Test signature

Comment

If Intel mesa really runs out of the box then the port would be better than expected as eON ports usually check for OpenGL 4 and GLSL 4.10 - if needed or not.
            Btw. Steam has an optional FPS counter as overlay, then you see at least the current FPS in a screenshot.

Comment

Originally posted by rastersoft View Post
              So they developed the game using AMD/ATI chips
              no. they developed the game using amd and non-amd chips

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                Ahh, so you're thinking "future" in this context means "readily available today but not necessarily in your stock distro". Makes sense, thanks...
                (As I wasn't the one who explained this already), yes. I was thinking how the situation looks like for someone who doesn't have idea how the parts of the equation add up.

Comment

Does anyone know a place with the most discussion regarding getting it to work as good as possible on amd gpus? Tried a bit with Catalyst and it worked but wasn't really playable as far as i'm concerned. Crashed too.

Comment

Bummer... the game crashes on launch for me using radeonsi from the griever repo on Fedora (mesa 11.2). I have a R7 360.

Edit: Apparently Xcom crash if you have openVPN running. From What I heard its because it doesn't like the MAC address for the TUN interface.
                    Last edited by azalou; 12 February 2016, 11:09 AM. Reason: Found out why it crashed.

Comment

I ordered the boxed version because downloading 25+ GB over a cellular modem is stupid-expensive, but I'm starting to see comments that a Linux install can't use content from the DVDs and has to be downloaded anyways. Has anyone installed on Linux from DVD or should I be sending my boxed version back unopened ?

Thanks...
                      Test signature

Comment

Working...
                      X