Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Interested Are You In XCOM 2 For Linux?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Interested Are You In XCOM 2 For Linux?

Phoronix: How Interested Are You In XCOM 2 For Linux?

Tonight's the launch for XCOM 2 while those really excited about this game can already begin pre-loading it on Steam. Are you interested in this successor to XCOM: Enemy Unknown?..

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ight-For-Linux

I greatly enjoyed Enemy Unknown & Enemy Within running on Linux with a very smooth playing experience.

All the reviews of XCom 2 are quite positive, so I'm probably going to snag it, although I might wait for the first set of expanded content to launch.

Comment

All preloaded and ready to go! about 3 hours 51 minutes left! Hopefully no issues on my Arch install. The original runs great on my Mobile Haswell i7 + Geforce GTX 970M gaming laptop!

EDIT: Hopefully XCOM 2 properly supports 21:9 resolutions! (XCOM EU/EW Supported the resolution but the mouse cursor was way off)
      Last edited by Vykyan; 04 February 2016, 10:11 AM.

Comment

I have not played any of the games in the series - though I have been tempted. I will probably wait to purchase it though - I have never been one for buying on release day

Comment

XCOM is awesome, I've played it first on Android, the Enemy Within version, yesterday when I read you article about it only being supported on NVIDIA, i remembered that I still haven't bought the console version of it and went to local store a bought, so there is definitely interest over this game

Comment

Interested but I play PC games. Not IHV exclusive games. So no buy...

Comment

I'm definitely interested in the game, but I'm not buying it right away. Like any Firaxis game, I'm going to wait a year and buy the complete edition.

Comment

I was excited.

Comment

What is better - XCOM 2 or UFO:AI?

Comment

I'd be more excited if I were more into the genre. The XCOM series seem like really cool games but they just aren't really for me.

Comment

Working...
                    X