Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M@yeulC
    replied
    It's good to hear a game studio actually acknowledging that the issue are on their side. I wonder what they might try to make the pipeline swallow. :P

Leave a comment:

• DonQ
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    Maybe eydee means "ATI" vs "AMD", since all the cards after 2006 were AMD cards. None of our hardware from 2006 supports GL4.

EDIT - nope, it's not that either. As ObiWan said, we maintained the ATI brand until 2010, and so a lot of "ATI" cards support GL 4.1 with both open and closed drivers. So I don't understand the statement either.
    I decided I am going to call them ATI for as long as I keep buying ATI cards. I got a few Benjamins waiting for good Nano drivers (power efficiency) to replace my ATI 7950.

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    And requirements said "OpenGL 4.x compliant video card" dunno who said OGL4

So if you have OpenGL 4.x compliant video card with proper drivers you can play it - simple written requirements
    Last edited by dungeon; 23 December 2015, 04:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Maybe eydee means "ATI" vs "AMD", since all the cards after 2006 were AMD cards. None of our hardware from 2006 supports GL4.

EDIT - nope, it's not that either. As ObiWan said, we maintained the ATI brand until 2010, and so a lot of "ATI" cards support GL 4.1 with both open and closed drivers. So I don't understand the statement either.
    Last edited by bridgman; 23 December 2015, 04:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• geearf
    replied
    I'm guessing he meant ATI cards stopped around 2006 when AMD bought it.

Leave a comment:

• ObiWan
    replied
    Originally posted by eydee View Post
    A little conflict, I don't think any ATi cards with OGL4 support even exist. How did they manage to make an actual game?
    Radeon HD 5000 series was still under the ATI brand and supports OpenGL 4

@higuita
    Since the 6000 series every AMD card is using the AMD brand, and not ATI, I think that's what he means with his sentence.

Leave a comment:

• higuita
    replied
    A little conflict, I don't think any ATi cards with OGL4 support even exist. How did they manage to make an actual game?
    what?!

Catalyst support opengl 4.5 (https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...yst-OpenGL-4.5) and even the open source drivers have full opengl 4.1, with many of the higher opengl levels features already implemented! (http://mesamatrix.net/)

Also, catalyst drive have bugs, but many games also have problem with catalyst drivers because they are less permissive about errors and more standard oriented, where nvida is usually more permissive and more opengl extensions oriented. At least in this case, they agree that the problem is in their code (probably some opengl code shortcut that nvidia accepts, but catalyst don't). I, at least, like honest developers and they will for sure get my money for that!

Leave a comment:

• Veske
    replied
    Maybe there is some backwards compatibility for that edge case?

Leave a comment:

• eydee
    replied

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Heh if Linux has much more games like this, with in house support, in house engine... instant buy for me

Or maybe i will wait for GoG version this time too

Leave a comment:

Working...
X