Divinity: Original Sin EE Debuts For Linux, Warns Of Possible Driver Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And requirements said "OpenGL 4.x compliant video card" dunno who said OGL4

So if you have OpenGL 4.x compliant video card with proper drivers you can play it - simple written requirements
    Last edited by dungeon; 23 December 2015, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
      Maybe eydee means "ATI" vs "AMD", since all the cards after 2006 were AMD cards. None of our hardware from 2006 supports GL4.

EDIT - nope, it's not that either. As ObiWan said, we maintained the ATI brand until 2010, and so a lot of "ATI" cards support GL 4.1 with both open and closed drivers. So I don't understand the statement either.
      I decided I am going to call them ATI for as long as I keep buying ATI cards. I got a few Benjamins waiting for good Nano drivers (power efficiency) to replace my ATI 7950.

Comment

It's good to hear a game studio actually acknowledging that the issue are on their side. I wonder what they might try to make the pipeline swallow. :P

Comment

OK, they clearly say that problems with AMD cards are a game issue, not a driver issue, and Michael even cites that in the article. So why the hell is the headline telling us that they warn about driver issues? Michael, stop that crap!

Comment

AMD fanboys on the edge...

Comment

Is this a first that a company A) doesn't hire someone else to port the game and B) actually blames their own code instead of the drivers. I appreciate the Feral ports, but it seems they just outright say that they won't support AMD cards 'cause their drivers are crap.

I do find it funny that even old as hell (yes, a card from 2009 (5000 series) is old as hell) supports OpenGL 4.4 (according to Wikipedia) and yet the Mac isn't getting Elite: Dangerous Horizons because they stopped updating OpenGL at 4.1 (it requires 4.3). Though I also find it annoying that they ported the core game to Mac, but can't update it anymore, yet haven't released it for Linux, which is more than capable of running it all.

Comment

Originally posted by leech View Post
                Is this a first that a company A) doesn't hire someone else to port the game and B) actually blames their own code instead of the drivers. I appreciate the Feral ports, but it seems they just outright say that they won't support AMD cards 'cause their drivers are crap.

I do find it funny that even old as hell (yes, a card from 2009 (5000 series) is old as hell) supports OpenGL 4.4 (according to Wikipedia) and yet the Mac isn't getting Elite: Dangerous Horizons because they stopped updating OpenGL at 4.1 (it requires 4.3). Though I also find it annoying that they ported the core game to Mac, but can't update it anymore, yet haven't released it for Linux, which is more than capable of running it all.
                They can update the game if they decide to support Metal API. It's a no brainer.

Comment

Apparently it needs 4.2, see @Sharaka posts: http://steamcommunity.com/app/373420...48854986107730

Comment

Originally posted by leech View Post
                    I appreciate the Feral ports, but it seems they just outright say that they won't support AMD cards 'cause their drivers are crap.
                    Taken from the GRID Autosport forum on the Steam site:
                    During the development and testing of GRID Autosport we encountered issues with AMD & Intel graphics drivers that we could not work around.
                    That does indeed sound like 'their drivers are crap'. Later on, however, they elaborate about which feature is missing and that said feature is available in the latest version of Mesa (which isn't included in Ubuntu yet). So no, it's not as if they go 'meh, AMD drivers are crap, why should we bother'. They are looking into supporting AMD, with the FOSS driver (kudo's), but they aren't there yet.

Comment

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post
                      It's good to hear a game studio actually acknowledging that the issue are on their side. I wonder what they might try to make the pipeline swallow. :P
                      They didn't say the issue is on their side, they said the fix will be on their side.
                      But it's important to know that, whatever the case, it will work on AMD hardware soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X